Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

FInished Puzzle

Weather didn't look so great when I woke up.
Some kind of frozen stuff falling from the sky, and foggy.
Temperature was 27 F. 
Figured there would be more ice around than
yesterday so decided to walk in the house.
 Sunrise 7:28

Ken worked on the puzzle while I made us pancakes for breakfast.
After breakfast I joined him working on the puzzle and I am happy to say
it is now finished.  Doesn't look that hard from the picture but
a lot of the pieces seemed to fit even when in the wrong place.
The border was really hard.
Usually the border gets done first but it didn't happen with this puzzle.
The last piece was a border one.


 I'll pick an easy puzzle for the next one!

🧩     🧩     🧩

Did the usual house chores and then it was lunch time.

A little later we left the house for bowling, but stopped in
at Walmart first since it was in the area.
Just picked up a few things and also a couple more
storage containers for the pantry.

Then it was on to the bowling alley.
6 of us bowled today.  🎳
Not such great scores today.
My scores:
115
133
104
Ken who is usually a pretty good bowler sure had an off day.
102
141
96

Still it's just a game and we had a lot of fun.
This evening we stayed at the bowling alley and had supper there.
A mistake, and we won't do that again.
The food was good enough it was just so noisy
and it took forever to get our food.

Snowing/freezing rain on the way home so we are glad to
be back home safe and sound.

Now I'm off to make some weave-its, watch a DVD
and then start the next book on my to read stack.

So that's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

17 comments:

Tom said...

...I'd find any puzzle would be difficult.

Rose said...

I wish we lived close enough to exchange puzzles....that would be fun. I would love to work that one. But I have had those that pieces seem to fit. And how come the one will fit one place, but the one that goes there does not fit in the other place?

Hill Top Post said...

I can see how the puzzle could be a difficult one...but it's such a pretty one and so perfect for your cold snowy days.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the puzzle. Sounds like a good day even with the icy conditions. Glad you got to go bowling and then got home safe and sound. See you again tomorrow.

Vee said...

Goodness you're in a patch of bad weather...though there was no such thing according to John...and we in my corner are enjoying beautiful days in the thirties for the next week or so. I'm loving it.

Now that puzzle looks easy, but since it wasn't that means it was tricky. I don't like tricky. ☺

Ruth Hiebert said...

The puzzle looks good. I seem to have a hard time guessing if it will be easy or not.

Granny Marigold said...

I like that winter woods picture. It looks so bleak and cold, makes me shiver and be thankful for a warm house.

Angie said...

A lovely puzzle - sometimes the prettiest ones are the hardest! We recently went to our "neighborhood pub" and were very disappointed with the time it took to get our food. They used to be so good! Oh well.

Adam said...

Nice art on the puzzle.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Well done on finishing the puzzle. Do you have an extra piece left in the box? Because there's a piece missing from my puzzle. How do they know in the factory which pieces to put in which box?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Helo,

The finished puzzle is a cute scene. I like the snowman. My hands could not even hold a bowling ball much less throw one, your scores look good to me. Wishing you a happy day!

Sandi said...

It was a good day for a good day. :) I like coming here to read about your peaceful days.

Retired Knitter said...

Love the puzzle picture.

Joyce F said...

I had a very similar puzzle out around Christmas time only mine had a red wagon in it with flower pots along with the snowman and red bldg. The border was almost impossible. 29 year old granddaughter sat down and finally got it together where I hadn't and put in a few other pieces. I got so tired of looking at it and we had company coming so I boxed it up to do another time. Mine was from Current. It didn't help that I couldn't sit long to work on it due to a bad hip which I'm having replaced 2/5. My puzzle was ordered from Current. I WILL complete it someday.

William Kendall said...

Bravo on finishing the puzzle.

Joyful said...

It's a pretty puzzle. I'm afraid I am not so good at making puzzles.

ellen b. said...

That last photo is really cool in a dramatic way. I like it.
I can see that the border is all one color on that puzzle. Yikes! It really is a pleasant scene, though. Congrats on finishing it.