Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 27, 2020

A little icy

28 degrees when I left the house at 7:10 on
my morning walk.
Just a slight wind and it was cloudy.
Sunrise 7:28

Walked to town.


Roads a bit icy but when I got to the main road to town it was clear.
 Once I got to town it was a different story.
Side streets were pretty icy and I didn't even try walking there.
Just stayed on the main road through town, turned around and
headed back home.

No one else out walking that I saw.
Just the usual cars, trucks, and school buses.
Back near home I walked up the lane


and back down again.
You can barely see my house in the trees on the left.


Walked 6 miles
If I'd known it was that icy I probably would have walked inside,
but still glad I got to walk outside.

☁️     ☁️     🌨

Did a bit of house cleaning in the morning.
Then worked on the current puzzle for a little while.
The one we are working on now is turning out to be quite difficult.

Instead of going to Brenda's this evening for half price pizza
we went there for lunch this time.
Cheese Pizza
Delicious


On the way there we stopped at the library.
Had to drop off some DVD's.
(can't drop them down the book drop)
Ken got another book out and I'm happy to say I did NOT.
My friend Bettye gave me a book of hers to read,
so even though I finished another book there are still
5 books in my to read pile.
I like having a stack sitting there. 

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

15 comments:

Tom said...

...watch your step!

William Kendall said...

My kind of weather!

ellen b. said...

I enjoy having a stack of books to read, too.

Lowcarb team member said...

We've had rain, rain and more rain today … so it was nice to see your snowy pictures … but do take care when you are out and about.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

That pizza looks good...and the pictures are pretty. I gave in and started a puzzle. I have only did the one this year. You seem to have some sense about working on them...I find it hard to get anything done if I have a puzzle out. I thought the last puzzle you did looked hard....I am pretty sure it would have been for me.

Vee said...

From what you’re describing, I think it was milder here than there. That pizza looks wonderful. John’s sister felt like pizza last time I visited and so she requested pepperoni, green peppers, and onions. I had never had that combination and found it quite tasty. The peppers and onions were chopped finely.

I am avoiding the library for the same reason you are... So many books and not enough hours in the day.

Hill Top Post said...

If we had that much ice and snow all the schools would probably be closed! You did get some pretty shots this morning so all's well that ends well.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - it does look icy in your part of the world. Glad you were able to complete your walk safely with no icy mishaps. ;-) That pizza looks delicious. I really like cheese pizza, but my men like lots of meat. Hope you have a good evening. See you again tomorrow.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Icy conditions scare me. We had streets that were a little icy this morning, so caution was the order of the day.

Adam said...

That pizza looks really good.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The pizza looks tasty.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the pretty view down the lane, the view going to your house is lovely. The pizza looks delicious. Enjoy your day, wishing you a good week ahead.

Inger said...

Another good day of your life to share and inspire the rest of us. Well, me at least who will now get up and take my dogs for a walk. No snow here, but a hard frost, which will soon melt with the rising sun.

Happy@Home said...

Glad you were able to get your outdoor walk in despite the ice.
That pizza looks yummy!

Jeanette said...

You do have a nice place to walk!