Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Waterfall

Oh my another day to walk in the house.
Though I did go outside this morning and cleared the driveway.
Ken helped too and then spread some salt on it.
 Then we walked around the yard a bit.
Nice to at least get some fresh air.

It has warmed up a bit and the arched bridge has
a nice little stream flowing under it.

The waterfall has water flowing over it too.
Seems like Ken did a good job diverting the water coming down
the mountain away from the house.


Took a video of the falls too.


We drove to town late morning and did a few errands.
Went to the library,
post office, and
then stopped at the Dollar General to pick up some
Christmas plastic plates.
Want to put some Christmas goodies on them to give away.

I baked some Pheffernusse Cookies this afternoon.
Molasses are an ingredient that goes in them and I thought
I had some in the pantry but when I looked, there wasn't any.
Found out a good substitute for molasses is HONEY.
So I tried it and the cookies came out great!!

The weather has turned cold again this afternoon and we are
getting some more snow.  Supposed to be quite cold by tomorrow morning.


That's it for today.
Till next time . . .
a happy day to you.
happyone  đŸ„°

Comment Replies:
Rose - No, haven't heard of the series God Knows Where I Am.

Deb - Have no idea how many times I walk around the basement loop for a mile and I don't think I want to!! I know it is a lot!

HillTop - My umbrella is one of those huge golf umbrellas!  

Victor - The train layout is a working one.  Sometimes they are running when I'm walking if Ken is down there too.  

21 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Running water and snow, make for a pretty scene.

Tom said...

...last night we had a wet snow and a day at about the freezing point. I wonder where the deer are bedding down now that the stream has water!

Michelle said...

I am impressed with Ken's work.

The Furry Gnome said...

I like that stream and waterfalls! Great work to create that.

William Kendall said...

The waterfalls are quite pretty!

Happy@Home said...

It's hard for me to imagine snow as we've been in the high 60s for the past few days. I hope you are able to get outside again soon. The arched bridge sure is pretty. Interesting that honey can be a substitute for molasses.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The cold is supposed to dive down here tomorrow and cool things off. I love the snow photos you share! Have a good evening!

Vee said...

Well that is a lot of water and it is very good that it is diverted away from the house. Where does the water go after the waterfall and under the bridge? It must be good when the trains are running while you are walking. We had some light snow all day today...just enough to be slippery and icy. I will try to go out tomorrow and clean a bit.

ellen b. said...

Looks like a wonderful job of diverting water! We are expecting snow later on Wednesday into Friday. Time will tell if the predictions are true. Your cookie alternative sounds really good!

Granny Marigold said...

That's a nice little waterfall!
I must remember that one can substitute honey for molasses in cookie recipes. Good to know.

Hill Top Post said...

I love listening to the waterfall almost as much as looking at it! That's quite a lot of water falling. I had wondered if the train is ever running when you are walking. What fun!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am going to try those cookies, and now I am also a follower of your recipe blog! I love that little bridge and the stream. Stay warm!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Your Snow Scenes look very nice though very cold. We're heading towards 40+ Deg C tomorrow (Over 100 Deg F) - it will be hot with a late change expected tomorrow evening. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for responding. We would like to see a video of the train working sometime. Thanx.

I like the video of the water fall.

God bless.

Kathie said...

That arched bridge is really fun!

Jeanette said...

How cute is that little waterfall?! I would listen to running water all day!

Bill said...

Nice waterfalls, it probably sounds nice when it's flowing by.
Enjoy your day!

Angie said...

The bridge and the waterfall make for a magical woodsy setting. Well done! My son and I are in the process of making gingerbread cookies. We wanted to make them sooner, but we had to get MOLASSES at the store :-)

Alexandria said...

Enjoyed your beautiful landscape and the snow makes it so magical.
Your video is so adorable, a Zen moment in an otherwise hectic day before Christmas.

Adam said...

Looks like Christmas snow

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the video of the water fall :)

All the best Jan