Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Snowy

Once again this morning I made the decision to walk inside
because of more winter weather.
Snow and Icy conditions.
Started off with 3 miles in the basement.
Another 1 1/2 miles upstairs a half mile at a time in between 
doing house stuff.
The last 1 1/2 miles down in the basement once again.

Just after lunch I bundled up and went outside.
It was 18 degrees, snowing, and VERY WINDY.
Walked out the basement door.


and down to the mail box and down our road just a short way.


 Though I wasn't cold with my super warm coat the wind 
was blowing the snow right in my face making it stinging cold.
So back inside I went.
Still I'm glad I got to go out if just for a short while.
No sense in clearing the driveway yet with the snow still coming down.
We didn't make it to church this evening either.

Did some more baking today.
This time Philly Gift Cakes.
They really do make great little gifts.
Also in the kitchen I got a meatloaf cooking in the slow cooker
this morning so wouldn't have to think about supper later when
I was tired of being in the kitchen.

That about took care of this day.
They sure do fly by.
Thanks for stopping by.
Till next time . . .
a happy day to you.
happyone  đŸ„°

Vee - the water goes down to a little stream (the one I walk by on the way to town) and from there into Bear Creek.

Victor - will have a video of this layout in the near future.
If you click on the link Ken's Train Video at the bottom of the posts you can see the layout he made when we lived in town. 

16 comments:

Tom said...

...about the same here! I drove to see som Amish friend and the roads were awful, perhaps not my best decision.

Granny Marigold said...

Having grown up on the prairies I have not forgotten the feeling of snow whipped against one's face by the wind. Good decision to do your walking indoors.
I went to look at the Philly Gift Cakes. They sure look pretty.

Rose said...

We had that kind of snow starting Sunday night...supposed to warm up starting tomorrow and will soon be gone I think. Sometimes its wonderful to not have to get out and go, or worded another day, able to stay home when you want to. LOL I really enjoy a day when I don't have to get out and go.

William Kendall said...

A world of white. We're having the same weather.

doodles n daydreams said...

You may be in for a white Christmas. It looks so pretty but I imagine it is very cold :)
Merry Christmas.
Diana

Happy@Home said...

That sounds COLD, but looks like a winter wonderland. Sounds like a good day to be in the kitchen. I'm going to check out those Philly Gift Cakes now.

Hill Top Post said...

I love your winter wonderland! Our forecast calls for sunshine right up to Christmas, so we can forget a white one. I don't guess I will be wearing my super warm L.L. Bean coat anytime soon.

Vee said...

A very good day for baking such lovely cakes...you sure are in a snowy pattern there these days.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow you are getting a lot of snow! I love those little cakes. They are so cute and festive! Have a good day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Awesome ... that is a magnificent video. What a wonderful train display. Worthy of a post by itself on you Blog, Happyone. CONGRATULATIONS to Ken for his patience and skill. Really brilliant.

God bless.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I'm amazed you have the determination to walk so far inside! I'm sure you miss traveling around the beautiful countryside you live in.

Kathie said...

What a winter wonderland! Our area doesn't turn into snow land until January but we have had snow a couple of times so I can always hope. Be safe and careful!

Bill said...

The snow is adding some beauty to the scenery and it looks great.
Stay warm and have a wonderful evening.

Lowcarb team member said...

I always think snow looks great in your photographs.

We've had rain, rain and more rain!!!

Enjoy the rest of your week.

All the best Jan

Adam said...

No snow so far yet down here.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like you have great gear for any kind of weather. It's been snowing here today and we keep hearing about slick roads. Good day to stay off the roads.