Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 16, 2019

Another Army Picture

Not such a great weather day for walking outside.
Snow and freezing rain.
So got my 6 miles in walking inside throughout the day.
Walked basement loops but also have a loop upstairs
in the house that I walk.

Another picture of a different part of the army base
from the layout.
Notice the man fishing on the wall.

I made some Chocolate Chip Cookies this morning.
A new recipe that I tried.  They have Rice Krispies in them.
We liked them but they are not as good as the Chocolate Chippers
that I make.

Some cleaning got done today too,
plus some reading and making weave-it squares. 

 Till next time . . .
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone 🥰

Comment Replies:
Tom - You said that the layout is almost as big as your basement, well IT IS as big as ours.  It takes up the whole thing!!!  Usually layouts are made against the walls, but Ken made his in the middle just so I could walk loops around it!!  I'm sure glad he did because it has sure come in handy.  🙂

Karen - Yes, Kingdom is only on disc.  I just realized they only have season 1 and 3.  Don't know what happened to 2.

13 comments:

Rose said...

My nephew would absolutely love this part of the layout! We got about 4 inches of snow last night, and it has snowed more through the day. I had meant to look for Kingdom and had not gotten around to it, so guess there is no use.

Have you seen God Knows where I Am? It is sure different.

Lowcarb team member said...

It certainly doesn't sound the weather for walking outside!
So pleased you can do it inside.

All the best Jan

Happy@Home said...

When I started to read your post and saw that you walked 6 miles in the house today I got up and made a few laps through my own house. I'll be adding more after I finish this comment. Thanks for the motivation :). Ken's train layout never ceases to amaze me. I can only imagine how awesome it is in person. I love that he created it so that you could do your laps around it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Another great picture of Ken's layout. I love the detail and intricacy and the fact that he has you in so many scenes. Glad you have a nice large basement to walk around in. How many times do you have to walk around the Ken's train layout to get a mile?

Henny Penny said...

Ken's Army base is amazing. Think I will print the word search in your last post. it looks like fun.

Hill Top Post said...

You have great scenery whether you walk inside or out! And, how beautifully you photograph it! I have walked in a cold mist the past two days. It may be a long winter! I have hinted about needing a new umbrella for Christmas - one that won't get all cattywampused in the wind.

Tom said...

...I was wondering where you walked! Our basement is filled with junk or treasures, it depends who you talk to.

Granny Marigold said...

I saw that guy sitting up there but didn't realize he was fishing!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

When you walk loops round the train layout, do the trains run too or is it all stationary?

God bless.

Kathie said...

Holy cow! I love the wee land your hubby has created! It is a labor of love.

Bill said...

Your photos really make the army base become realistic. Incredible and amazing to see.
Enjoy your evening!

William Kendall said...

Amazing detail in this shot.

ellen b. said...

The whole layout is great. Love the fisherman!