Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Pretty and Snowy

Like yesterday I walked a few miles in the basement,
had breakfast and then went outside to walk.
It was 25 degrees, a bit windy, and snowing.
Sunrise 7:22

Walked up the lane again


and this time when I got to the driveway of the neighbor
I don't know, walked up that way.
There were no tire tracks so didn't think anyone would be there.


The driveway is a pretty decent road.
At the end which is about 3 tenths of a mile
is a travel trailer and a garage.


On the way back down the road I spotted a tree stand in the woods.
Didn't see it the first time I passed by.
It sure blends in well.
Can you see it there in the middle of the picture?


I put the Yaktrax on the bottom of my snow sneakers this morning
because there was some icy spots around.
I think I'll just leave them on and not bothering taking them on and off.

It is so nice to be out there walking in the snow.
Makes me glad to live in a place that has all the seasons.
I really do enjoy walking in all the seasons.

After I had finished my 6 mile walk
(inside and outside)
and was back home I didn't feel like going in the house yet
so I ended up clearing most of our driveway.
There was ice under the couple inches of snow and I had
to scrape the ice off with the shovel.
After about an hour of that I had enough and went inside.

By the time I decided to go in the house I was very warm
from the work and the house felt like an oven when I got inside.
Ken said he was going to make hot chocolate for me but thought
I'd be hot.  He was right and I had a cold drink of water!!

Later Ken went out and spread some salt on the driveway.

This afternoon was spent doing this and that around the house.
It was nice to stand by the window for a while and just watch
the snow falling.

That's it till next time...
Hope you enjoyed the day.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰


To find the universal elements enough;
to find the air and the water exhilarating;
to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter...
to be thrilled by the stars at night;
to be elated over a birds nest or a wildflower in spring -
these are some of the rewards of the simple life.
John Burroughs

Comment Replies:
HillTop  - My new snow sneakers  are LL Bean and yes they are a wide size.

A few of you asked why the cookie sale was cancelled. I don't know why.  Judy didn't say but the next time I see her I'll ask and let you know.

18 comments:

William Kendall said...

All that snow is a delight to see.

Tom said...

...I couldn't pick it until I enlarged the picture. Today it rained on and off, I'm afraid that winter may be one of those up and down affairs. Your snow scenes are beauties.

NanaDiana said...

I had to look hard to see that tree stand. lol I am glad you enjoy the winter. I don't like the cold at all-never really have-even as a kid. I would love to have Fall year around. lol
So proud that you walk in all sorts of weather. xo Diana

Rose said...

I had to expand the photo to find the tree stand too...

You sure live in a winter wonderland right now...just so, so beautiful.

Well, now, I will ask a question I thought about asking last night. Is/was the cookie sale to raise funds for something? I felt like I should know but if I do I cannot think what it is for.

The Furry Gnome said...

You've got about as much snow as we have!

Granny Marigold said...

The snow covers everything and makes it beautiful. I'm sure walking in it is magical/
.

ellen b. said...

Well...that's a lot of snow. Like Tom I did not see that stand until I enlarged the photo. Glad you could get up the lane!

Vee said...

You make me grin...only you could walk six miles and still not be ready to go inside. Fun that you wanted something cold to drink. I often feel that way after shoveling the roof and cleaning up after the plow, but I have not walked six miles first. I didn’t see that tree stand until the last possible moment. Well hidden indeed.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The snow just makes everything look so pretty.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Another great walk! Yes, like you, I enjoy living somewhere that has all the season. Arizona was nice in the winter, but it was way too hot in the summer. I like a little snow and colder weather.

Hill Top Post said...

This is a perfect snow ~ enough to cover everything, but not so much that it makes travel difficult. I am looking forward to snow here, but Dan would rather not have any. Snow does make it hard on the cattle. I will check out the L.L. Bean snow sneakers. Thanks for the info.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

So much snow !!!

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

I like your Snow Scene photos- very Winter. I've never walked in Snow or been in it...only saw the remnant thawing snow on the hills about Moss Vale where it had snowed the day before I arrived there. I'd imagine falling Snow to be a pretty sight.

Barwitzki said...

I'm happy to find snow in th "blogg land"... gorgeous pictures :-)) Thanks.
I live in Germany - we do not have snow, but a lot of sunshine now... and everything is decorated for Christmas... in the evening woderful lights.
I write Norwegian in the blog, beause I'm learning :-)) ... and I have now started to learn English ...
I am pleased, if you visit me in my blogg. Best regards. Viola

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty snowy scenes, I am a wimp and will not go out walking in the cold weather. The snow is pretty to see! I always have to try on my shoes, I wish I could order them online. Have a great day!

Happy@Home said...

Here we do have the four seasons, but the snow happens only once or twice a year if we're lucky. In the meantime I enjoy seeing it on your blog. I, too, had to enlarge your photo to see the tree stand.

Karen said...

Good Morning.. Just wanted to let you know that your blog is the first one that I read every morning. I enjoy walking along with you and seeing your wonderful pictures along the way. Have a nice day..

Bill said...

Snow white beauty. Excellent photos!
Enjoy your day.