Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 05, 2019

Another winter wonderland walk

Walked inside again till it was light and then went outside.
25 degrees and more wind than yesterday.
No more snow, just cloudy.
Sunrise 7:23

This morning I walked up another neighbors driveway.
Their driveway is just about 1/2 mile.
They just come come up to their cabin a couple times a year.


This is their cabin.


Walked back down to the road and up the lane again.

I trudged my way through the snow and over to the tree stand
from yesterday.


 Came across a trail and followed it till I ended up in this clearing.


Walking back down the trail here till I got back to the lane.


I saw lots of deer tracks but no deer.

By the time I arrived back home I had walked my 6 miles.
(total from inside and outside)

☁️     ⛄️     ☁️

Walking down the lane on the way home I heard
Ken out with the snow blower clearing the driveway.
When I got home a grabbed a snow shovel and helped clear.

After lunch we went to town to the library.
Ken has been reading quite a lot since he can't be working outside
now and needed to get some more books.
I walked out of the library without checking out any books.
That doesn't happen very often!!
 
Worked on the puzzle a bit more but still have a long way to go.
It is pretty easy but just have been doing other things and not
spending that much time on the puzzle.

Trying to get my goal of 48 weave-it squares (2 more rows) done
on the bedspread I'm making.
I only have 5 more squares to go.
After sewing the rows on I'll be half finished with the bedspread.
Babies for Blankets isn't until next Thursday so 
I have plenty of time to do it. 

We saw some welcomed sun this afternoon.

Till next time . . .
a happy day to you
happyone 🥰

Comment Replies:
Karen - Happy to hear you are enjoying my blog.  Thanks for reading and the kind words.

18 comments:

Rose said...

I so love that cabin...and the snow is still so beautiful. I have been wondering if I could wear boots....I have not had any on since I broke my leg. I so used to love to ramble in the snow.

I bought another puzzle today...I think I am going to end up starting one. Just hard to resist...I just cannot leave them alone once I start one.

William Kendall said...

I do like the look of that cabin.

Granny Marigold said...

Yes, I also like the look of that cabin tucked in the snowy woods.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I am wondering what kind of books Ken reads. My husband loves Sci Fi, Fantasy and HIstory - guy type books. ;-) You had another beautiful walk. See you again tomorrow!

Tom said...

...a magical world!!!

Sandi said...

a happy day to you too!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely scenes as you walk through the woods.

Kathie said...

A lovely walk!

ellen b. said...

I do like your neighbors cabin. Glad you found 6 miles close to home.

Joyful said...

I love your neighbour's cabin. It's good they are away much of the time so you can walk closer to home. Beautiful winter wonderland photos today.

Hill Top Post said...

Oh, how I love your pictures today!!! How can I choose a favorite? The first one is awesome as well as the cabin...What a beautiful winter wonderland!

Connie said...

Beautiful photos . . . I do worry about you falling out there in that snow and ice. Do be careful and don't go outside without your phone to call for help if you need it.
God bless you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It does look like winter has arrived there, I like the cute cabin.
So far we have had only a light dusting of snow here, more rain which is needed. wishing you a great day and a happy weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Love that cabin.

God bless.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The sunshine makes all the difference. My Dad lived in a cabin in NC that looked just like that one! How neat!

Bill said...

You can add me to the I like the cabin too list. :) A nice walk in the winter wonderland and some beautiful photos of your journey.
Have a wonderful day and weekend.

Lowcarb team member said...

A beautiful looking winter wonderland.
Lovely photographs.

All the best Jan

Henny Penny said...

That cabin is so cute. and the snow pictures are beautiful!