Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Over the bridge

Had good intentions of getting up and walking this morning
before I had to leave for Blankets for Babies.
I can't believe I didn't wake up until 7:15.
Not enough time to go walking so missed another day.
Thought that maybe was God's way of telling me to wait one more day!

Had a great time with the ladies at Blankets.
We worked on the blankets, 
and then Sandy sang a song, Dorothy read a poem,
and Kathy gave the devotional.
After all that it was time to eat.
We had soup, salad, sandwiches and all the trimmings.
But that wasn't all, next came the tasting and trading of the cookies.
I ate way too many cookies.

This was the same day as my book club meets so I missed that this month.

When I got home I walked 3 miles inside so at least a got a little walk in.

Another scene from Ken's trains.

That's about all I had time for today,
so until next time . . .
A happy day to you.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone  🥰

Comment Replies:
GrannyM - the vehicles pretty much stay where they are on the layout.  

Sandi - Yes, Aunt Wilma has just recently been born again!!

25 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you felt like walking a bit. Sounds like great fellowship at church.

Rose said...

It may have well been for the best that you did not go walking..

William Kendall said...

The macro detail is quite a sight to see.

Granny Marigold said...

Thanks for answering my question. I would find it hard to keep my hands off as I walked around it ( as you do on bad weather days).

Tom said...

...I love the scene on the bridge from the '50s!

Hill Top Post said...

I think three miles makes a pretty good walk. You got a great shot of the bridge. It seems so real!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like a fun time with the ladies.

Vee said...

You can afford to eat some cookies. 😁 Sounds like a wonderful time of fellowship. I agree with you...The Lord has His ways.

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, it could well have been for the best that you did not go out walking!

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

Ken must really love his model trains!

ellen b. said...

Those cars on that bridge are from my youth! Glad you had a good time with the blanket ladies!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I just love the pictures of Ken's layouts. Your blanket for babies meeting sounds like such fun - and you are doing something good too! I love it. See you tomorrow!

Dianna said...

Karen, you do beautiful photography of the different scenes from Ken's train set-up. Today's picture looks as if it is really taking place live.

Joyful said...

Love that scene over the bridge. Cookie exchanges are a nice way to visit with one another and get a lot of different cookies for Christmas as well.

Angie said...

You are so dedicated to your walking - I don't think it hurts to miss one day! Enjoy your weekend!

Adam said...

Looks like the old bridge near my house, though it no longer accepts car traffic

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like your train set photos. It says speed limit 25. Is that miles or kilometers? Do you drive in miles or kilometers in the US? One mile is = to 1.6 kilometers. So if you drive in kilometers I guess distances between towns are further than in the UK where we drive in miles. If you were to drive in miles you'll find your towns and cities would be closer to each other and your would save on time and gas when you drive there. Also, if you drove for 23 hours and 55 minutes you would be 5 minutes from Tulsa.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Lunch and cookies sound wonderful, yum! I love the bridge scene, great details. Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you're taking it a little bit easier! Love all of your holiday fun! Hugs!

Kathie said...

Busy day for you! Keep resting the ankle, you'll heal with no problem.

Retired Knitter said...

Love the shots of your husband's train set up. Please keep that up.

o2bhiking said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the day. Don't overdo the walking. That bridge is incredible. Be well, Happy-K.

Sandi said...

Do you ever wish you could shrink down and walk in the models?

Bill said...

I thought the bridge scene was a real traffic jam. :) A great shot, well done!
Enjoy your evening.

Jeanette said...

Sounds like a great ladies get together! I'm fascinated by the trains set in your basement! So detailed and real looking!