Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 13, 2019

Morning Walk

Happy to say I had a normal outside walk this morning.
Drove the Jeep to town and started walking 6:50.
22 degrees, cloudy, and a little breeze.
Sunrise 7:29
Driving to town the 5 deer from our back yard
were all in the middle of the road just down from the house.
 I went very slowly and they all kept running back and forth
across the road before finally going up into the field.
Started my walk going to the library and dropped a book down the book drop.
Then over to the post office and put a letter down the mail slot.

From there I walked through town and over to the
industrial park and made a loop around there.

Then it was back to town and over to the ball park and 
walked that loop.
Was careful walking down this side street that goes to the ball park.
On that uneven surface is where I twisted my ankle and fell on Monday.

But here it is Friday and I'm back walking.
Seems a lot longer than just 3 days that I haven't been walking!!

Walked on over to both the cemeteries and walked around them too.
A light freezing rain started just as I was getting back to the Jeep.
Driving home I was behind the salt truck.

Sure nice to be walking outside again.
Walked 6 miles

☁️     🌨     ☁️

Started on the train puzzle today.
This one is quite a challenge.
The next baby blanket I'm working on for the month of January is a 
pink and dark red check. 

I made bean and spinach soup today.
Don't have a recipe but it is very easy to make.
I took a picture of it cooking on the stove
because it is one of those foods that when it is done it doesn't
make for a good picture!!

Some olive oil goes in the pot first and crushed garlic is added.
Then I add pepperoni, 2 cans of cannellini beans, some water
and a LOT of spinach.
It is done when all the spinach cooks down but tastes best when left
for cook for a while.

A few years back I knitted these Christmas stockings.
This house is the first house we've ever had a mantel to hang them on.


Well that about it for today.
Till next time . . .
a happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

If you don't like something change it;
if you can't change it,
change the way you think about it.
- Mary Engelbreit

Comment Replies:
Sandi - Yes, I do think of that.  What a nice walk it would be. 🙂  Ken has put me in a scene walking on his layout.  I've posted it before.  The picture is HERE.

22 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad to hear that you are able to get in your daily walk again.

Rose said...

Getting back to your own routine is always such a good feeling...I am so glad for you that you are back to yours. The soup sounds like something I might like. But Roger would not...he has never liked spinach...and since his stroke does not care much for any kind of beans.

KEV. Robertson. said...

HI Karen- Pleased your back to your regular walking and have made a full recovery. I'm wearing a 'Moon Boot' now- to help my ankle -will take four weeks. Best Wishes. KEV.

Sue said...

So sorry about your fall Karen, praying for complete healing! I have had to change where I walk too, because the rocks in our driveway were causing me some knee problems, I now drive to s park in our community and walk on a more level surface, a mild inconvenience for the reward of getting healthy! I miss walking on the farm though.

Your stockings are so pretty!
Love the quote!
Have a blessed weekend.
Sue

Granny Marigold said...

So life is back to normal and your ankle is much better. Good news.
How nice that you have hand knitted stockings. Do you fill each other's with small gifts? Or are the stockings just for decoration?

Tom said...

...Karen, I'm glad to hear that you are back to your normal routine. The soap looks good, we had homemade chicken noodle this evening.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am sure it felt good to walk outside again. Have a wonderful weekend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love that figure of you walking that Ken put in his train layout. I had not seen that before. I have said it before, but I just love that train layout! So glad you are back to walking. That soup looks good. It sounds like a spinach/tortellni soup that I make that my family really enjoys. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Lady Fi said...

Lovely!

Hill Top Post said...

Now, I am wondering what you may find in those stockings on Christmas morning! Glad to know you were back out walking today!

Adam said...

Nice stockings

Kathie said...

I'm so glad you're able to walk again! 6 miles is a bit of walk but sometimes just getting out does the job.

Vee said...

Ken really captured the stride in his portrayal of you! I am glad that you are back walking again. All is right with the world.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like the Christmas stockings.

God bless.

o2bhiking said...

I'm glad that you're out and about, Happy-K. Be careful out there. The soup looks wonderful.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad your foot is feeling better and you can go out on your walks again. The stockings are cute. The soup looks delicious, I love most soups. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

Padutch said...

I would like to see more of Kens train layout. Thank you

ellen b. said...

Hooray that you have your walking ankle back in good shape. The really is an uneven road. Your soup looks real good. Happy weekend to you!

Jeanette said...

That soup looks really good! I'm going to make it soon!

Bill said...

Nice Christmas stockings, they're pretty. Glad you are back on the road, a happy moment. :)
Enjoy your day!

William Kendall said...

I like the stockings.

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice you could get out for your walk …
Love the look of your bean and spinach soup.

All the best Jan