Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Joyful News

I'm giving my ankle another day of not going for my morning walk.
It was pretty chilly outside this morning anyway with snow flurries,
but we did have lots of sunshine later in the day.

I did go down in the basement in the afternoon and walk
some laps and though I can't say I had any pain my
ankle is not yet perfect.

A scene from Ken's train layout.

I made the royal icing and frosted the sugar cookies I baked yesterday.
They look a bit amateurish but it was my best try.


Had a fun time last night at the seniors banquet.
When we left it was snowing pretty hard but it stopped
soon after and we had no snow on the drive home.

No cooking again tonight.
The teens at church are having another fund raiser
dinner of soup, salad, and bread sticks
before the evening service.
So off we go.

That's it till next time . . .
A happy day to you.
happyone 🥰


Ken and I had some very happy news today that came
in a Christmas card from our Aunt Wilma!!
She wrote,
"I'm 84 years old and a Born Again Christian and very happy."

Reading those words made me cry with joy!
Praise God!!

Comment Replies:
Karen - I was wondering if the you were the Karen I got the cookie recipe from.
Nice to know you are still reading my blog.  Would be so nice if you started blogging again!!

21 comments:

William Kendall said...

Tempting cookies!

Tom said...

...WOW, that Airstream in Ken's display sure caught my eye!

Rose said...

That is good news! Happy for you and your Aunt.

I fully expected you to be walking again today...but if it don't feel right, then you shouldn't. But I know I am overly cautious now. Lorelei is supposed to come Friday...maybe we will make some cookies. I am thinking peanut butter cookies...maybe some chocolate chip. If she is up for it. I LOVE peanut butter cookies.

Michelle said...

I do love Ken's train layout. I think your cookies look fab. Decorating is hard to do!

Granny Marigold said...

The sugar cookies look fine to me. My sister is planning on sending me her sugar cookie recipe. I MIGHT try it. I find rolled out cookies a lot of work... and then there's the decorating part.

I was wondering if Ken moves the various vehicles around on his lay-out, or more or less leaves them as they are.

Henny Penny said...

That is happy news! Your cookies look perfect to me. I've been a cookie maker.
Ken's train set up is amazing, it really is.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh wow! That is news worth celebrating. The cookies look tasty.

Joyful said...

I'm glad you are giving your ankle time to heal properly. Ken's train layout is so nice. It looks so real too.

Vee said...

Now that is the best kind of news! She must have known that it would be most welcome. Praising God with you. I sure would like to get that news from my Auntie who is in her 90s.

The cookies look both delicious and festive!

Glad that you are taking it easy with the ankle.

Sandi said...

Praise God for your Aunt! Did she just become a born again Christian?

Hill Top Post said...

Your cookies look so good! How I'd love to have a couple with a glass of milk! I think we all enjoy pictures from Ken's train layout.

ellen b. said...

Hallelujah for your aunt's news. The best! I'm glad you are giving your ankle time to heal.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So great that your Aunt has been born again! Those cookies look so good. You and Ken are always on the go - that is great! You enjoy life. Glad that ankle is healing. You are smart to take it easy one more day. See you tomorrow!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Ken's train layout looks wonderful and your cookies look delicious. Sugar cookies are my hubby's favorite. I need to make some for him.
Thanks for sharing the recipe. I had to go back and see how you hurt your foot. I hope you are healing well. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing the train up close and all the details! The little camper is very cute! And I'm glad your ankle is doing better! Take it easy my friend! Holiday hugs! (eat a cookie....they look GOOD!)

Bill said...

The cookies look very nice, great job.
Enjoy your day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Ken's train layout is brilliant.
I think your cookies look good.

I'm pleased you had a good time at the seniors banquet.
Good to read about Aunt Wilma's news.

All the best Jan

PS Don't rush your ankle, make sure it is properly healed, sending my good wishes.

Dianna said...

Rejoicing with you over Aunt Wilma's salvation! Praise God!

Adam said...

Nice cookies

o2bhiking said...

I'm glad you have less ankle pain. Keep letting it heal. The train layout is amazing, and those cookies look wonderful. Nice news from your aunt.

Debby Ray said...

Such wonderful news about your Aunt Wilma...God Bless her! Wow...Ken as done a fantastic job setting up that train set and glad your ankle is feeling better.