Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Baking Cookies

My ankle felt a LOT better this morning
but giving it another day of not walking.
I'm a pretty quick healer.
Thanks for all your concern!

Made some Christmas Sugar Cookies this morning.
Will make the icing tomorrow and decorate them.
I will be taking them when I go to Blankets for Babies Thursday.  
We will be having a cookie exchange after working on the blankets.

Finally got out some Christmas decorations.
Since it will just be the two of us we didn't bother getting
a Christmas tree, but we do have this cute little one.


Started reading book 12 of the Gamache series by Louise Penny.
Another good one.

That's been my day.
We are about to leave to go to Casselman's Restaurant in Grantsville.
Meeting the seniors from church there for the
 Christmas banquet.
Looking forward to a good time.

A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  đŸ„°

19 comments:

William Kendall said...

Back in the day my mother would bake a hundred dozen cookies for Christmas.

Tom said...

...my mom also baked lots of cookie and my oldest daughter is carrying on the tradition. Great to hear about my ankle!

Rose said...

I hope you have a good time at the banquet...I love your Christmas decorations.

Granny Marigold said...

Your Christmas corner is just right.
Good that your ankle is mending.
Have fun at the banquet!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad to hear that your ankle is feeling better. I think you were wise to take the day off of walking to let it heal. I think your little tree is so cute! Have a great time at that banquet. We have an empty-nesters group we get together with for dinner once a month and we sure enjoy that. I know your cookies are delicious! I need to do some baking soon too. See you again tomorrow!

Vee said...

Phew! Wonderful that the ankle is feeling better today. I see six Christmas trees so you did very well.

Christmas cookies ... I think I need to make some.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I was hoping you had taken the day off and felt better. Try to take it easy! Love your little tree and all the pretty decorations. Hope you are having a nice evening with friends too! Hugs!

Henny Penny said...

Glad you ankle is better. That little tree sure is pretty and lights up that corner. It looks like Christmas. :)

Hill Top Post said...

That's a delightful little Christmas corner. It is definitely time to start baking cookies!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Glad to hear that the ankle is feeling much better. I love that sweet little tree and all the decorations.

Kathie said...

I, too will be baking a ton of cookies today for my luncheon party tomorrow. Keep resting- Gamache is a good series :)

Bill said...

I love your Christmas corner, the tree is cute. We just hang our decorations around the house these days and don't bother with a tree. It's nice and easy and we love it. Your kitchen must smell great with all the cookie baking you're doing. Hope the ankle feels much better after another day off.
Enjoy your day!

Karen said...

Hi, Karen! I'm not blogging anymore, but I'm still reading yours, which is always a delight, with such beautiful pictures. I was taking a break from decorating cookies today to read your blog, and saw YOUR cookies and the recipe! One of these days I'll blog again, hopefully. I hope your ankle heals very quickly. Have a lovely day :)

Adam said...

Daisy loves her tree, I don't want to put up the effort.

Debby Ray said...

Glad to hear the ankle is better. Your decorations are very festive and your sugar cookies sound wonderful!

ellen b. said...

Glad your ankle is better. That dinner sounds real good as do the cookies you made. Yum.

Jeanette said...

I like that cute little tree with the houses all around.

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased to read that your ankle is feeling better... just take things slowly on it and allow it time to heal properly.
I like your little tree …
Hope you enjoy the banquet, I'm sure you will :)

All the best Jan

Retired Knitter said...

I love that little tree. Right now I have a 7 footer, but in the future I plan to scale that down. I don't have the space or the energy for big trees anymore. But I do enjoy a lighted tree!