Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Christmas Card

I thought this Christmas card that we received had such a beautiful picture.

  
 

A Blessed Sunday to you.
happyone  🥰

Comment Replies:
Kathie - I keep track of my miles and steps with a pedometer called Striiv.  I've had it for years!!  

Sharon - I keep warm walking by wearing layers.  Turtle neck, long sleeve shirt, short sleeve shirt, over head sweat shirt hoodie, and last a zip down hoodie.  
On my head I wear a hat that fits over my whole head, then the two hoods from the sweatshirts.
Bottom I wear tights, long underwear, and sweat pants.  If it is wet I were rain pants.

For real cold days I have a LL Bean jacket that is super warm.  In fact it is so warm the temperature has to be in the teens or I'm just too hot!!

14 comments:

Connie said...

Beautiful card . . . I received it, too :)
Wishing you and your husband a very lovely Christmas.
Connie :)

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a beautiful card.
Wishing you and Ken a Happy Christmas.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...a white country church like this is what I'm always looking for! Merry Christmas to you Karen and Ken.

Vee said...

It is a beautiful card...

Hill Top Post said...

It is a beautiful card. And, it has glitter doesn't it? I have really taken a likin' to glitter and don't even mind if it hides out in the cracks and corners all year long!

Hill Top Post said...

And, I love the passage too!

Granny Marigold said...

When I was reading your response to Sharon's question I thought of how, years ago in the prairie winters we had to dress our little ones in many layers and on top of everything came the snowsuit. I also remembered how, shortly after we went outside, the snowsuit and all had to come off so they could use the bathroom. Thanks for the memories.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That really is a lovely Christmas card - such a great message. I enjoyed reading the answer about how you layer up to walk.
Have a great evening!

Rose said...

That is a gorgeous card...we have gotten some really pretty ones this year.

Sandi said...

Glory!

Lisa said...

Beautiful Card. I love those steepled white churches.
Lisa

Adam said...

Looks like the church is in the North Pole

Henny Penny said...

It is a beautiful card. I've caught up with your posts. Glad those were friendly dogs that ran out to meet you. I've never met a mean Lab either. Merry Christmas!

ellen b. said...

Lovely!