Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 23, 2019

Minions


Up and out of the house walking at 7:15.
Not quite light out but the snow made it brighter 
and it was clear.
34 degrees and calm.

Walked into town and went straight to the library to drop
off a book and then to the post office to mail back a Netflix,
the last of the Little House on the Prairie.
The first few seasons were certainly better that the last few!!

These minions appear here every year and every time I 
walk by they make me smile.


Walked a loop around town and then over to the lower
cemetery and walked around there.

The kids Christmas break must have started already
because I didn't see any school buses about today.
Seemed to be a bit more cars driving around though.

Didn't see any animals today
or people either.

Walked 6 miles

🌤     ☀️     🌤

A nice sunny and warm day (got up to 50) so took advantage and hung
the sheets outside on the line to dry.
Had to dry the other load on the drying rack inside,
ran out of clothesline.

Reading another Louise Penny book, Glass Houses.
Hard to put down so I've read a good part of the afternoon.

Had pizza at Ledo's for supper this evening.

Another day closer to Christmas.
Hope you are all ready for it and can now relax
and enjoy the day.

That does it for today.
Till next time . . .
a happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

You can never truly enjoy Christmas
 until you can look up into the Father’s face
and tell him you have received his Christmas gift.
John R. Rice

18 comments:

Rose said...

That pond looks like morning glass...have you watched the movie with the minions? Despicable Me? I love them...they make me smile just to think of them.

Deb J. in Utah said...

HI Karen. Those Minions are so cute. I love that top picture. I am going to look up that book you are reading and see if it sounds like one I would like as well. Have a good evening and I will see you tomorrow!

Tom said...

...what a sight to enjoy to start your day. I must live a sheltered life, until a few years ago I didn't know what a Minion was.

William Kendall said...

The Minions are a welcome sight.

Vee said...

Wonderful parting thought. So true!

Ruth Hiebert said...

It shouldn't be too long till you can walk in daylight again. We are slowly gaining daylight minutes.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a good day all around. I can see why those Minions put a smile on your face...

NanaDiana said...

I would smile looking at those minions, too. How funny! I hope you have a blessed,wonderful Christmas. xo Diana

Granny Marigold said...

How nice that your temperature rose to 50 after a chilly start. Especially good if you're trying to get laundry to dry outside.
I hope you and Ken have a happy Christmas and all the best in the new year.

Sandi said...

Minions!

😊

Kathie said...

I love those minions! I need to read Louise Penny!

Kathie said...

Merry CHRISTmas!

Retired Knitter said...

Merry Christmas to you Karen and to your husband.

villa said...

Merry Christmas to you, all your family and friends.
Greetings from Salamanca.

Hill Top Post said...

Your pond picture is wonderful ~ one of my favorites that you have posted! I hope you and your husband have a very Merry Christmas!

Adam said...

Cute minions

Happy@Home said...

Those minions do have a way of putting a smile on one's face. I passed three near here the other day and had the same reaction.
Merry Christmas to you and Ken.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such fun to see the Minions :)

All the best Jan