Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Bulky and thick scarf

Didn't walk inside at all today.
Waited for it to get light enough to go walking and left the house at 7:25.
It was 24 degrees, no wind, and cloudy.
Sunrise 7:34


So nice to have a normal walk to town.
Saw a couple of deer on the way.

Some ice around yet on the side roads so when I got to town
I stayed walking around the cemetery up on top of the hill.

Just down from the cemetery is where the horses and bulls live
so walked down there to see how they were doing.

One of the horses was eating the hay 


and the other 4 were roaming around the pasture 
and too far away to get a picture.

Then went over by the barn to see the bulls.
These three stayed around to get their pictures taken.
A few more were wandering around and I could see some others
in the barn.

Walked around the Drane house then around the cemetery again
before heading back home.

Didn't see any others out but did see Molly.
She is the Newfoundland dog I met back in March when she
was just a puppy, though a very big puppy.
She has grown into a huge dog now.
Molly was headed up to the cemetery with me but
then I heard her owner call her and she went running back home.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     ⛅️     🌤

We went to town and did a few errands.
As we were arriving back home we noticed that one of
Farmer Eugene's young heifers had escaped.
 We got out of the truck and ushered her back in the pasture.
It was the same one that that we've led back to the pasture
a few times before.

   I finished knitting the scarf using the very bulky yarn and big needles.
I was just thinking that it was way too thick and didn't really like it,
when Ken saw it and said it would be perfect for him.
He liked how thick and soft it was and said put around his neck
and face would surely keep out the wind.
So I gave it to him.

That's it for this day.
Till next time . . .
a happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

Comment Replies:
Rose, no haven't read Little House Revisited but looked it up at the library.  Wasn't here at the library in town, but I've put in a request for it and they will send it over from another location.

18 comments:

Joyful said...

Glad you were able to get outside today. It looks peaceful. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Tom said...

...a bulky and thick scarf was needed here today. It was about 10F this morning, with a warming spell coming to melt our white Christmas. I love your first image.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The scarf does look rather thick, but I guess it will be perfect for the right person.

Vee said...

Depends on the weather for sure. Ken’s right, the scarf should keep out the wind. So glad that you had a regular day of walking and got to say hello to the critters.

Granny Marigold said...

You were out walking before the sunrise! It must be nice walking outside again. Hopefully that continues.
How nice that Ken likes the scarf you made. It does look cozy.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad Ken liked the scarf. It was nice that you were able to get back outside and walk. I prefer to walk outside. Have a blessed Sabbath.

Kathie said...

Such a great day for a walk! How do you keep track of your mileage?

Hill Top Post said...

When it's really cold I pull my scarf up over my mouth and nose. I really like the bulky yarn. That ole heifer will probably keep on getting out. It seems they get spoiled and think the grass is greener on the other side (of the fence).

KEV. Robertson. said...

Your photos gives me a good idea of what it would be like to have Snow on Christmas Day- cold though beautiful. Stay warm there. Cheers. KEV.

Happy@Home said...

Hooray for outdoor walking! So nice that the bulky scarf will work for Ken.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're certainly having a lot of snow right now. Blessed Christmas to you all.

God bless.

sharon said...

Enjoy seeing all of your pictures! I wanted to ask about the brand of coat you wear to keep you warm during your walks.

Jeanette said...

You certainly have interesting places to walk! Good for you walking outside. 24 degrees would keep me inside!

William Kendall said...

The bulls are quite curious about you.

Lowcarb team member said...

A scarf in cooler/cold weather can keep you that bit warmer!

I'm pleased you got out and about for a walk.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

The photos make it look so cold...I always wonder just how much animals notice the cold and the wet. If at all. But I swear one year I saw birds shivering on our front porch. That was back in our other life.

I am almost a third of the way through Caroline, and I am loving it.

Adam said...

Cute cows

ellen b. said...

Glad you found a deserving recipient for your scarf! Nice to be able to walk outside...