Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 06, 2019

Distracted

Walked in the basement when it was too dark to walk outside.
Walked passed this trailer park quite a few times! 

My plan was to walk outside when it got light out like the last few days,
but I got distracted and never made it outside.

Put a load of clothes in the washer before going down to walk.
When I came back upstairs hung the clothes on the drying rack.
Did a couple other things and then I walked passed the puzzle.
Made the mistake of putting a few pieces together and
there I sat doing the puzzle.

Ken had gone to breakfast with Edd and then since he was 
in the area went grocery shopping at Walmart.

Next thing I know Ken was back home with the groceries.
After I got all that put away it was lunch time.
We went out for lunch.

I could have gone out walking then but it had started to rain
and on top of snow it just makes everything so messy
so I never did go walking outside.

Sewed the next two rows on the yellow bedspread and
now it is half finished.


Got all my walking done inside,
a mile at a time between doing other stuff.

We ran out of ice cream the other day and Ken stopped at the 
Shop and Save on the way home this morning and got in a new supply.
So tonight we get to have ice cream again.

Till next time . . .
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰

A doctor can save your life.
A lawyer can defend your life.
A soldier can give you a peaceful life.
But only GOD can give you an everlasting Life.

19 comments:

Rose said...

I so love your bedspread that you are working on. It is so pretty. I still did not start my puzzle...you will probably faint if I ever say I actually started it.

William Kendall said...

Jigsaw puzzles can make you lose track of time fast.

Michelle said...

Your bedspread is looking lovely. I am not much on puzzles. I can't sit still long enough.

Vee said...

Love that bedspread...the colors, the pattern, everything.

It sounds like a cozy day to me from cleaning, putting away groceries that someone else fetched, working on the puzzle... a lovely puttery day.

Hill Top Post said...

How pretty the bedspread is looking! I love the yellow! Some days it doesn't take much to distract me. I have to work at keeping focused.

Tom said...

...we had snow in the morning and rain in the afternoon and this evening snow again. The yellow looks cheery on this overcast day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That bedspread is lovely. I love the bring yellow squares. Your puzzle is coming along.

Granny Marigold said...

It's amazing how many steps are taken on a busy day of housework.
You've got a good start on your newest puzzle!

Joyful said...

You've already made so much progress on the puzzle and the quilt. The quilt looks so nice and cheery.

Adam said...

Nice blanket

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Liked your final thoughts.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

it seems easy to keep busy, just doing little things. We had a little bit of rain. Your bedspread is looking beautiful!
Have a happy weekend!

Lisa said...

That blanket is going to be perfect for spring. I love the yellows. Im also adoring Kens trailer park.
Lisa

Retired Knitter said...

You are the least distractible person I know - so when you do have a day like that - I am glad you give into it. Makes you normal! :-)

Jeanette said...

I love all of the details of your husbands train track downstairs! I would be distracted walking by it too!

Bill said...

The trailer park looks quite impressive. Nice bedspread, my mother made some when we were kids. I can see why the puzzle got your attention, you just love doing them. :)
Have a wonderful weekend.

Connie said...

I'm happy to hear that you are getting in your miles without being out in nasty weather. It is good to be careful. Your bedspread is going to be wonderful, you have inspired me to make a checkered quilt. The yellow is so bright and cheerful, perfect for bringing a little sunshine indoors during the cold winter season :)
I like that verse or quote at the bottom, too.
Connie :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

That bedspread looks beautiful.I know the problem of stopping to put just one or two pieces into a puzzle.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your bedspread is looking lovely...

All the best Jan