Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 27, 2019

A tiny lawnmower

Drove to town again this morning and started walking at 6:45.
A warm 44 degrees, calm, but felt like rain
so I took my umbrella along and left it in the Jeep.
 Sunrise 7:37

Walked over to the library and dropped a DVD down the slot.
By this time a light rain started so I went back to the Jeep
and got the umbrella.
Noticed the bakery was closed and a sign on the door
said they would be back open Jan 2.

Continued around town and made my way over to the ball park
and walked that loop a couple of times.
 Back around town, past our old house and
walked the roads behind the house.

The rain had stopped by now and I walked to the cemetery
on top of the hill and around there a few times.

It looked like it was going to clear up and I watched the sun
just coming over the hill.

Didn't last though and before long it was just cloudy and when
I got home it started raining again.
Quiet around town.
Didn't see any one around.
Walked 6 miles
☁️     🌧     ☁️

Got a bit of house work done in the morning but the afternoon
I spent sewing, reading, and starting the next puzzle.
Still working on the border so here is just the picture of the box.
This one is a bit of a challenge.


Didn't quite finish sewing the baby blanket yesterday but
did finish it today.

Ken has been working on his train layout and I wanted to 
show you the lawnmower he made out of bits of plastic.
Didn't it come out great!?

It has been a dreary day but we've been happy
puttering about the house.

Hope your day had been a happy one.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰

19 comments:

Tom said...

...your first image is pure magic!!!

Rose said...

Tom said it best about that first photo. any day spent puttering around the house is wonderful. I don't always say it, but I love the scenes you show from the train layout.

Rose said...

Forgot to say the baby blanket is beautiful...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love those little bicycles too! So much detail in everything! Reminds me of dollhouses. Have you ever worked on a doll house? I keep saying I want to find an old vintage one but I haven't come across one yet. Hugs!

doodles n daydreams said...

That jigsaw looks like it will be quite a challenge :) I love how you always find something positive while out on your walks and your first pic is a stunning example. Lovely warm looking blanket for a lucky baby :)
Diana

Hill Top Post said...

About your first photo, I am with Tom too! ~ "Pure magic." I am also impressed with the little lawn mower! Obviously the folks who live at this house have some bicycle riding kids. My mom used to fuss at my younger brother and me when we left our bikes propped this way and that around the front porch. :~) Your new little blanket turned out beautifully! It is raining here; guess I will get to try out my new Christmas umbrella tomorrow! I surely do wish Millie would walk under it with me.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The puzzle looks like it could be a more difficult one. Love the little lawnmower. I remember well, how Jake used to make things for his layout.Oh what fun!

sharon said...

Love your picture! The lawnmower made me smile! A day to putter around the house is a perfect day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, your husband is a real artist! That little lawn mower is sooo cool. My husband also likes to paint miniatures. He has painted little soldiers and fantasy armies in the past, so he would love to see Ken's train layout too. You have had a good day. I love your red and white blanket and that puzzle. See you again soon.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you all the best for the New Year.

God bless.

Rose said...

I thought sometime in the night about you and watching DVD...I don't know if Netflix has them, but have you ever watched Iron Will or The Journey of Natty Gann...they are old Disney but oh so very good. And I am going to watch Togo soon...the girls just watched it. It is based on a real dog.

Jeanette said...

That lawnmower is perfect! I'm ever impressed with that train layout of your husbands!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I hope you had a very happy Christmas. I love the view and scene in the first photo. The blanket is pretty. Ken's train layout is very cool. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Granny Marigold said...

Making a tiny lawnmower from 'bits of plastic' is quite a feat. Little details like the bikes and the lawnmower sure make a big difference to the look of the layout.

William Kendall said...

That's going to be quite a puzzle to get done.

Adam said...

Must run on nail polish remover.

Retired Knitter said...

Creative guy, that husband of yours!!

o2bhiking said...

OK, that lawnmower is over the top amazing! And that puzzle looks really hard.

ellen b. said...

I'm really impressed with that tiny lawnmower Ken made! Fun. We couldn't even get to our Christmas puzzle this year. 4 little hands around here during optimum puzzle time! :)