Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Pretty Skies

This morning I got tired of waiting for it to get light enough
to walk so I drove the Jeep to town.
Started walking at 7:00.
Temperature was pretty warm at 41 degrees for this time of year.
The weather was calm and party sunny once the sun rose.
Sunrise was 7:36

Some pretty skies out there this morning.
Took this when I first got to town.


This second picture was taken just a few minutes later
a little farther down the road.
Amazing how fast the colors change.


Walked over to the library and dropped off a book down the slot
and then on over to the post office to drop mail down that slot.

Continued walking up and down all the streets 
and then the ball park loop.

Then it was around the lower cemetery a couple of times
and lastly around the cemetery up on the hill.

It was a bit smelly by the cemeteries.
I was surprised to see that Farmer Marvin has spread manure 
on a couple of his fields.
That usually happens in the spring.

Another quiet morning around town.
No animals today but did see a man walking up the hill 
to the cemetery as I was coming down.  
Have seen him a couple of times but don't know who he is.

Walked 6 miles

⛅️     ☁️     🌤 

Later in the morning we drove to town to go to the library.
Had a couple more books to pick up that was on hold.
Caroline Little House Revisited and
The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter (Jan book club selection)
were the two on hold and I also checked out the
Next Louise Penny book.

 Already started reading Caroline.

Worked on the baby blanket too and got all 10 rows of the squares sewn.
Now just have to sew the 10 rows together.
(have two of them done so far)
Might finish this evening, if not it will be done tomorrow.

Didn't get any work done today,
just spent my time having fun.

That's all for today.
Till next time . . .
a happy day to you.
happyone  🥰


Joy is the infallible sign of the presence of God.
  Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

14 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Fun days are the best kind! Wow, those are some beautiful sunrise skies! Have a pleasant evening and I will see you again soon!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those skies are amazing. I love those intense colors.

Tom said...

...those skies are fabulous!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful skies.

Hill Top Post said...

No matter what the weather, you always bring home great pictures from your morning walks. And, before we leave it behind, I also agree that your "frosted hemlock was a real Christmas treat!" Just beautiful!!

doodles n daydreams said...

We had a nice quiet, lazy day as well.
Merry Christmas.
Diana

Lisa said...

We have been having some beautiful skies too. Yesterday the sunset was breath taking. I wish I would have gotten a photo.
Lisa

Aritha V. said...

Love to see the book covers. The most right one is translated into Dutch. We have a sunny day today.

Retired Knitter said...

I seldom see skies with such drama!!

Adam said...

Very pretty indeed

Rose said...

Those photos are wonderful captures! I hope you like Caroline as much as I do. I don't want it to end. I have got Prairie Fires to read next...my sister-in-law is reading it and likes it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Karen - I have a question for you. I found a Louise Penny book at a thrift store tonight - A Fatal Grace. I bought it, but am now wondering if the books all have to be read in order. This one is pretty far down the line. If I read it without reading any of the others will I know what is going on? Thanks!

o2bhiking said...

The sunrise photos are beautiful. I guess the folks that hang out in the cemetery don't mind the smell of the manure much. Do you like the Louise Penny series? I've enjoyed the Inspector Gamache series but find them very sad.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful skies! I just got the latest Louise Penny book on cd so now we need a good long road trip so we can listen to it!