Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 11, 2019

Wheels

Out the door walking this morning at 6:35.
Warmed up again and was 45 degrees when I left.
A mix of sun and clouds once the sun came up.
Sunrise 6:57


Saw a couple of deer and a rabbit on my way to town.
May have heard a bear down in the stream.
It was something big anyway but whatever it was
glad it stayed there.

In town walked to the library and dropped a couple of
books down the book slot.
Next stop was the post office and dropped mail down that slot.

Remember that purple roof from a couple of weeks ago?
Well now the house is getting painted!
What do you think about that color!?
It is bright, that's for sure!!


 Made my way over to the ball park and walked the loop.
Then back through town and home.


Walked 6 miles

🌤     🌤     🌤

 Brian, a friend of ours has some old metal wheels that have been
sitting in his barn for years and said Ken could have them.
So we went over today to get them.
  While there I took some pictures of the old barn.
It is very old but has been kept up and has just been painted
not too long ago.

Looks like this part still needs to be painted.


It was neat to be able to walk around inside the barn.
No animals have been in it for years and now it is used for storage,
 tools, lawn equipment and old stuff!
At one point I went in the house and had a nice visit 
with his wife Sandy.

Here are the old metal wheels that Brian gave Ken.
They are from a pony cart that was used in the coal mines years ago.
Not sure what Ken has planned for them
but I'll be sure to let you know!

After lunch walked around out back at Happy Trails.
Such a pretty day to be outside.

Making weave-it squares and reading are on my agenda for the evening.
Some chocolate marshmallow ice cream will be eaten too.

That's all for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰

Happiness is a matter of one's most ordinary and everyday
 mode of consciousness being busy 
and lively and unconcerned with self.
Iris Murdoch


Thank you, 
 who have served and who are serving now.

17 comments:

Ruta M. said...

Those are pretty seeds. Be careful if there's a bear about. I'm not sure about that house's colour combination but it's certainly individual. Because our new place has red roof tiles, the only one in the whole village, the only colour I could think of for the walls is white.

Granny Marigold said...

I like the old barn. I like that it's been around for a long time and not totally neglected.

Tom said...

...I need to get out there and take some shots of the milkweed. There will no missing that green house! It's interesting how some barns don't seem to get painted on all side. I thought that the wheel were for rails, but pulled by ponies, wow.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That house is bright all right, but certainly not the color I would choose.

Bill said...

I would have picked a different colour for that house but as long as the owner likes it, that's what counts. :) Cool old wheels, be interested to see what it becomes part of.'
Enjoy your evening.

Vee said...

Oh you shouldn’t have asked me what I think about people who paint their homes such obnoxious colors. Wait. Was that the question? We have a purple house in the neighborhood. To me, it says, “Take that, neighbors! I can do whatever I want.” It is beyond thoughtless and completely rude. After all, the owners live in the house; they don’t have to look at it as often as everyone else does. I think it has made property values drop.

Well, on a cheerier note, I am glad that whatever was thrashing around in the creek stayed down there. I see that you weren’t going to investigate. 😁 Smart!

Rose said...

What a treat to get to go inside the barn! I like those metal wheels. I bet Ken comes up with something we all love.

We had snow here...probably have about three inches.

Hill Top Post said...

I wouldn't check out what was splashing in the creek either! It's always a joy to see old barns that have been so well cared for. What fun to go inside for a look around!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Best wishes for Veterans Day- we will remember them always for eternity.

Adam said...

A bit too true green for me.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The wheels would make great decorations.

God bless all veterans.

God bless, Happyone.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Wonderful series of photos, I love the old barn. I have heard loud noises in the leaves and the noise turned out to be a squirrel. It is surprising that such a little critter can make so much noise. Enjoy your day, have a great week ahead!

Henny Penny said...

I can't imagine that shade of green for a house and then top it off with a purple roof. If you get the chance, would you snap a picture of the folks living there. Would just like to see them. :) (just kidding) The old barn is beautiful. A big red barn is on my list of things I want but will probably never have...along with a donkey and a wood stove. Your posts are always interesting.

Michelle said...

That is a colorful house. To each their own!

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm not too sure about that house's colour combination but it's certainly different, and we each make our own colour choice!

Thanks to all veterans.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

The barn is kept in good shape.

ellen b. said...

Fun to poke around in that barn. That is quite the color combo for a house. I like that combination in plates or cloth napkins.