Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

A little snow

Left the house on my walk at 6:45.
It was 24 degrees with snow flurries, a slight breeze.
Sunrise 6:58
Just a little ways down from my house a deer ran across
the road in front of me.
Got a picture though not a very good one.


Walked to town and over to the lower cemetery and made a loop
around there.
This reminds me of round frosted shredded wheat!!


Next walked the back road through town, over to the
ball park and walked the loop there 
and then headed back home.

No one else out walking this morning that I saw.
Just flurries when I started out but it started snowing harder
on the way home.



It is nice walking while it is snowing.
Very quiet and peaceful.

Walked 6 miles

🌨     ❄️     🌨

It snowed all day but didn't really amount to much more than an inch.
We usually start doing jigsaw puzzles when it snows for the
first time but this year we are going to wait until
Thanksgiving to start.

Got some work done around the house first thing
and then finished reading
The Ladies of Ivy Cottage (book 2) by Julie Klassen.
I thought it was very good and liked it as much as the first
one of the series.  
I've put book 3 on hold at the library already. 
I think there are only the 3 books in the series,
though I'm hoping she will write another.
 
 That's all for now.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  πŸ₯°
 
The greatest gift we give to someone who loves us
is simply to be happy.
Robert Brault

18 comments:

Tom said...

...we received about 6", last year we had a white Thanksgiving and a green Christmas! I love the shot of the hay bales.

Ruta M. said...

Wow, snow! Looks pretty but not so nice if you have to get to work. I've just checked and there was a sprinkling of snow up on Dartmoor and Exmoor last night with more expected in the week. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some up at Dingles.

Angie said...

How nice to see your surroundings with a dusting of snow. And now I have a hankering for Frosted Wheat! Jigsaw puzzles - do you repeat ones you have done before, or do you buy new ones? Enjoy the rest of your week!

Vee said...

I see the deer and I certainly hope that the deer are well aware of you. It wouldn’t be fun to be bowled over by one. I have been clobbered by a running dog, which was pretty startling.

We received snow, not amounting to much, yesterday and today. The roads are icy and treacherous...no school. People tell me it looks pretty, but I am not ready for white stuff yet. Yours looks pretty...are you ready for snow?

Hill Top Post said...

The first snow! How pretty everything looks! Do you carry your umbrella when walking in the snow?

Rose said...

I used to love being out in the snow...the hush, the peacefulness. It was only 18ΒΊ up in the day here....had been 12 at some point. We ended with the 3 inches...but sidewalks are melted off...probably held heat from the day before.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

William Kendall said...

Your second shot is my favourite.

Ruth Hiebert said...

A light snowfall is just so pretty.

Joyful said...

I couldn't agree more with the quotation. I love all your snowy scenes. Everything is so pretty.

Debbie Harris said...

How beautiful!
Your countryside is so very beautiful.
I agree with you in that the hay rolls look like frosted shredded wheat. 😊

Granny Marigold said...

We used to do jigsaw puzzles all winter but in recent years somehow we quit. Last week we put one out and I was happy to have the grands join in too. We got that one done and today I spread out another one. I'm not surprised that M joins in but my granddaughter is 16 and I'm so glad she also comes up and we can chat as we puzzle.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Oh ... not snow ... it's too cold here without the snow.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad the snow did not lay on the street. It missed us here in the Hereford/Parkton area. I do enjoy reading on these cold wet days.
Your snowy scenes look pretty. Enjoy your day and week ahead!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Lovely Snow Scenes- I though perhaps the Farmer may have gathered his Round Bails before the Snow set in...very pretty. I guess that you and your Hubby Ken will be battening down soon for Winter- stay rugged up and warm there. Regards. KEV.

Bill said...

Beautiful photos! The snow looks pretty but very cold.

Adam said...

It was 23F this morning but no snow

ellen b. said...

I can imagine your beautiful and quiet walk. Glad you had a safe walk, too. The hay bales dusted with snow are cool.