Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 23, 2019

A Sunny Walk

Looked light enough this morning at 6:50 so left then 
on my walk.
It was clear, 26 degrees and no wind.
Sunrise 7:10
Walked to town and turned left at the church
and walked passed the post office and 
up to the school.
Then headed back to town and home again.

Heard lots of gun shots walking today.
Must be hunters.

Sure was nice to see the sun and feel the warmth of it shining on my face.

Saw 5 deer on the way to town.

A few of these ice puddles around.
I think they make pretty designs.
Fun to walk on them and break them up too. 😀
Didn't see anyone else out walking.
Got a toot toot from friends Joy and Dave
as they drove past me.
 With all the leaves off the trees now,
walking up the hill I can now see our house up there in the woods.


 Walked 6 miles
🌤     🌤
The nicest part of the day was when I was out walking.
It started clouding up mid morning and by late afternoon it was raining.
Supposed to turn to snow later tonight but we shall see.

Gravel in the trailer froze over night and Ken had to thaw
it out with a weed burner before it could be unloaded.
But it got unloaded and on the building site.
Ken leveled it and tamped it all down again and it is now ready to be built on.
Probably won't build until spring
but if we get a string of good weather days who knows.

 I've finished all the weave-it squares for the baby blanket
and finished sewing half of them together.
It is looking nice and festive for Christmas.
I'll work on it some more tonight.

That's all for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰
If you ever find happiness by hunting for it,
you will find it,
as the old woman did her lost spectacles,
safe on her own nose all the time.
Josh Billings

14 comments:

Tom said...

...wow, that first image is wonderful and the ice puddle os a piece of art.

ellen b. said...

Well that's a first for me to hear about gravel freezing and having to be thawed out to be able to move it. Good idea on the thawing. Glad you had a nice sunny walk today. Love the iced puddle!

Rose said...

We had rain till very late in the day...just a light rain...and was chilly outside. I like the designs in the iced puddles..and love that first pic. I bet it feels good to be coming home to the House in the Woods.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the sky shot, with the geese.At least I'm pretty sure it's geese. The best one today, in my humble opinion is the frozen puddle. Such lovely designs.

Hill Top Post said...

Once the sun rises, daylight comes fast! I love that first light of day! And, you captured it well in your first picture! I also love today's quote! :~)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You have been busy ...

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

YAY for the sunny walk! Love the sky shot, very pretty blue. It is raining here today, we could use the rain. Enjoy your day, have a happy new week ahead.

Adam said...

A house across the street is always shooting

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! I am back in blog land. So glad to know are still here and still sharing your daily walks. I enjoy them so and have missed you! Hope you have a great Sunday!
Deb Jones

Henny Penny said...

I love that picture with the sun shining on the red buildings. It's so pretty. Your walks are beautiful and I love your big old house sitting way up on the hill.

William Kendall said...

I do like the ice patterns.

Granny Marigold said...

Yes, I like the ice puddle with its lovely pattern. I feel like a kid again when I step on one and hear it crack.

Bill said...

I like photographing ice patterns. I rememberin taking some of one of our windows years ago.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love that first photograph, and the ice puddle is amazing.
Stay warm!

All the best Jan