Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Sunny and windy


Left the house this morning walking at 7:25.
It was 41 degrees and cloudy.
Sunrise 7:15

Glad I decided to walk to town and not drive because
the roads were wet and the nice clean Jeep would have gotten 
dirty again.  

Once I got to town I walked around both cemeteries a couple of times.
Thought maybe I'd see a few others walking because I was
later than usual but no was out.
Seemed to be more cars than usual though.

To town around the cemeteries and back home makes
for a 6 mile walk.
Nice to know if my pedometer quits I'll still know how far I've gone.

Hey Victor, I found a nickle.  😃

☁️     ☁️     🌤

 The sun came out later in the day and it got very windy.
Watched the clouds whip across the sky.



I was going to make a pumpkin pie but Ken always says that
the crust is just to hold the filling together.
So I just made the filling and baked it in glass baking dishes.


Just puttered about the house today doing this and that.
Got some reading done and some yellow squares made too.

Pretty quiet day here around Happy Trails.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰

Thou has given so much to me,
Give one thing more, - a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.
George Herbert

14 comments:

William Kendall said...

You certainly kept busy.

Pom Pom said...

Happy Thanksgiving! It's kind of true about the pumpkin pie filling, but I do love crust!
xo

Rose said...

Wondering if you had any of the wind we have had. It has blown here all day long...we have our leaves mulched, and now you cannot even tell it because the wind blew leaves here from everywhere.

Vee said...

You know about some of my day. I tried the cream cheese spread and threw raisins in...oh my! Heaven! I may not be sharing. Ha! The honey butter is terrific, too.

That sky and those clouds are gorgeous. Sounds like a perfectly delightful day. Your pumpkin desserts are like something from Weight Watchers as if you folks need to fret. I like crust too well to give it up. I think. Maybe I could. Let us know how it turns out, Wonder if I could make pecan pie without the crust. 🙃

The Furry Gnome said...

My kind of pumpkin pie!

Tom said...

...the pumpkin filling is the best part. Karen I hope that you and Ken have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Ohhh! I love looking up like that into the trees and beyond to the beauty of the sky.

Hill Top Post said...

I love the view looking upward through the bare trees. Oh, those skies are so beautifully blue! It just wouldn't seem like Thanksgiving without the smell of pumpkin pie - with the crust or without! Happy Thanksgiving, Happy One!

Granny Marigold said...

Bare trees against the blue sky look so lovely.
I couldn't walk today. We had fierce cold wind all day and by the sound of it now, at 8:30 PM it's still blowing. I'll bet those pumpkin 'pies' will taste delicious ( especially with some whipped topping).

ellen b. said...

Beautiful skies. Hey, if the crust isn't appreciated why bother? :) Looks like you have enough filling to feed a crowd!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty sky shots. I love the pumpkin pie filling, yum! Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Karen. That is a great idea for the pies. Charly made pies last night, but the crust he bought to put the filling in, is kind of soggy. Maybe we will try this next year! You and Ken enjoy a nice relaxing Thanksgiving. Hugs from UT!

Bill said...

I'm not a fan of crust so we have our pies crust free.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your photographs of the bare trees against the blue sky look lovely :)

All the best Jan