Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

A sunny day

  Drove into town again this morning and started walking at 6:35.
It was 38 degrees and clear with no wind.
Sunrise 7:14

Nice to see the sun and feel the warmth of it on my face.

Another one of those random walks all over town up and
down all the streets, the cemeteries and the ball park.


Pretty quiet around town.

Didn't see any deer but did SMELL a skunk.

Walked 6 miles

☀️     🌤     🌤

Took advantage of the nice sunny day and got some wash hung out
on the line.

We took our household trash and some junk that Ken cleaned out of the shed
over to the refuse center and dropped it off. 

Stopped off at the library again to pick up a book
that was on hold and Ken got a few books out too.

Warmed up to 50 this afternoon and we thought we'd
better wash the Jeep because it was PRETTY DIRTY
and who knows when we'll get another nice day like this.
With both of us doing the job, it was done in no time.

This evening at church we had our Pie and Praise service.
We all brought a dessert.
I brought one of the Pumpkin Breads I made yesterday.
It was an informal and fun surface held in the fellowship hall.
We all had so many things to thank and praise God for this year!!!

Home now but no snack tonight.
Already had enough snacks this evening!!  🙂

That's is for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰

For every minute you are angry,
you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
Unknown

Comment Replies:
Vee - I wondered if anyone would notice and comment on the pattern. 🙂 Used up the red and green yarn that I had and then used it with the white to make the pattern.

Diane - No, I don't ever get sore muscles from walking.  I feel so blessed that I'm able to walk as much as I do and have it feel like nothing. 

13 comments:

Tom said...

...a nice warm and sunny day here too. I like the colors in the first image.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Glad you had a sunny day. We are supposed to get a big snow storm tomorrow. Winter storm warning until Saturday here. We are taking our walks inside at a nearby shopping mall now, but I much prefer to walk outside like you!

Adam said...

I hate that the sun goes down at 5ish but I do like it's bright by 7 30

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I love the first photo. Can you see the deer in the woods?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We had a nice sunny and warm day yesterday too. My hubby and I took a walk on the nearby fire road. The first photo is lovely! Wishing you a great day!

Vee said...

Oh yes. Leave it to me to notice things AND to mention it. Ha!

The Praise and Pie service sounds wonderful. I am baking the breads today...about to get started...really!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That really is amazing! You're a 'walking machine'! Enjoy your day! It will be 80 degrees here today so I'll walk this afternoon and get some sun. I feel blessed to be able to walk so much too but I couldn't keep up with you! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

Pom Pom said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Karen! xo

Bill said...

The first photo is very pretty, I love it.
Wishing you and yours a Happy and wonderful Thanksgiving.

Michelle said...

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!!

William Kendall said...

I like that cemetery view.

Rose said...

I did notice the patter change in the previous post...I figured you ran out of yarn.

ellen b. said...

Wow! All the way to 50 degrees...nice. We only got into the 30's. The wind storm wasn't as bad as predicted here. Happy for that and that we didn't lose power. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you both!