Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Starting the puzzle

Decided it was much too WINDY to go for my morning walk
so down in the basement for me.
A little bit scary when it gets this windy living in the woods
surrounded by trees.

Just me and Ken this Thanksgiving but we had a very nice day.
Didn't feel like making a turkey this year just for us so we made
our favorite meal instead.
Homemade pizza.
We did eat the pumpkin pie filling with whipped cream
and some pumpkin bread too.
(Vee - with sugar in it) 🙂

Started the first jigsaw puzzle of the season.


Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  🥰

In every thing give thanks:
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 KJV

🦃     🦃     🦃

A few questions to ponder this Thanksgiving.
Would the people who live nearest to you characterize you as a complaining person or a thankful person?

When was the last time you sat down to literally count your blessings?

When was the last time you spent time grumbling, moaning, and complaining about life?

When you look at your world, are you pessimistic about everything that's going wrong?

When you look at your world, do you find yourself celebrating God's common grace?

Do you view yourself as one who has been constantly shortchanged and neglected?

Do you view yourself as one who has been unfairly showered with blessings?

In your relationships, are you encouraging friends and family to find reasons to give thanks to God?

15 comments:

Tom said...

...I have a bit of a hard time being positive of these dark , cold, rainy days!

Rose said...

Your list of questions...I am not proud of how I would answer the first few. Though in all honesty, I have such a wide range of feelings with the things I have been dealing with..it would just depend on what the latest issue is.

But even through it all, I do feel like I have been blessed beyond measure. T

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! Sounds like a nice, peaceful and enjoyable Thanksgiving! I love your puzzle. That list of questions is a good one. Always good to ponder such things. Hugs from UT!

Vee said...

My nickname is I.C. I won’t say more than that. Excellent, thought-provoking questions.

One year, it was just going to be the kids and I so we opted for lasagna. It was a perfectly wonderful Thanksgiving. 😁

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hope your day has been special. I've been thinking about starting puzzle, but it will have to wait for a while.

Granny Marigold said...

That's a good list of questions to think about.

Your first puzzle of the season looks like it has lots of detail I like that kind although we rarely do 1000 piece puzzles any more.

Hill Top Post said...

It does make me nervous to walk through the woods when the wind is blowing. I am especially concerned about dead trees and limbs. I had been wondering when you would bring out the first puzzle. Pizza might be on our menu for Christmas!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Your Puzzle looks to be a very large one- my Cousin use to do Puzzles- I remember one he did which was a picture of an English Thatched Cottage with Gardens about- it looked very difficult- but David got it done...that was in 1964. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

In every thing give thanks:
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 KJV

Thank you Happyone. God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I really wouldn't mind a quiet Thanksgiving with just my hubby. Your day and pizza sounds wonderful. Nice puzzle. I try to stay positive, nice and friendly, I feel blessed. 😊 Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

Bill said...

We had homemade pizza tonight. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. My grandmother used to love doing puzzles, You look like you got a great start on yours. Interesting questions to ponder, it's good to think about these every now and then to see how we are doing and what needs working on.
Have a wonderful weekend.

William Kendall said...

That's one big puzzle!

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased you had a nice Thanksgiving.
That puzzle looks a good one … enjoy the challenge.

All the best Jan

Adam said...

Cool puzzle

o2bhiking said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Hey, if I am together with my spouse, and there is pumpkin pie, I can deal with no turkey. Glad it was fun. The puzzle looks difficult. We like working on them but about 550 pieces is our limit. We get frustrated with the 1,000 piece puzzles.