Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Red, White, and Green

Sunset last night taken from our front porch.


Left the house at 6:45 which is the earliest I can leave now that
the sun rises later again.
Before long I'll be driving to town again.
It was 24 degrees, clear, and calm.
Sunrise 7:00

The morning moon.
Took this at the end of my driveway.


Had my usual walk to town.
Didn't see any deer on the way but did see a pretty blue jay fly by.

Once I got to town I just walked around the cemetery
on top of the hill a couple of times and then headed back home.


Had to get home a bit earlier than usual so cut my walk
a bit short to 5.4 miles.

No one else about walking that I saw
but since I didn't walk right into town that is not a surprise.

🌤     🌤     🌤

When I got home, just had time to change, do a couple chores
and head back out the door.
It was Baby Blanket day at church.
(My book club was meeting today to so missed that this month)

There were 12 of us making blankets today.
Pam brought us breakfast of pumpkin bread and banana bread,
with homemade apple butter.

Sandy gave the devotional on Prayer.

 Always a fun time meeting with the ladies and we actually
do get some blankets made too!  🙂

I started working on a Christmas baby blanket for next month.


Made a stop at the library to pick up a book that was on hold
and though I had no intention of getting other books,
checked out two more!!

Didn't feel like doing any work when I got home but did get
a load of clothes in the wash.
Then I read and worked on making some more squares.
I also walked that 1/2 mile down in the basement that I didn't 
walk this morning.

That's it for now.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for visiting.

happyone 🥰

One filled with joy preaches without preaching.
Mother Teresa

Comment Replies:
Rose - It is easy to spot a mistake in making a weave-it right away.  Each time you weave the needle though a row you can see if it is done right.  So if you goof you just have to redo that one row.  The problem comes in if the yarn comes off the loom, then you have to start over, but that rarely happens.

19 comments:

Tom said...

...the red and green look sharp with the white! That sunset was a gift. This afternoon it got up to 38 F so I washed my SUV, when I built my garage I run a hot water line. Once in awhile I fit a homerun!

Sandi said...

Beautiful!!!!

William Kendall said...

Such a pretty sunset!

Vee said...

Love the Christmas blanket, This reminds me that the hospital where my little great-nephew was born sent him (and all December babies) home in Christmas stockings...so cute! Yes, the days are growing very short again. That sunset scene from your front porch is beautiful...you can see it very well now that the leaves are off the trees.

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely sunset. The trees are all bare now I see.

Rose said...

Love that sunset photo...sure beautiful. The Christmas baby blanket is going to be so nice.

Thanks for the reply about making mistakes. I keep looking at the looms...well, off and on. Then I decide I have enough hobbies that I don't get done. LOL

Hill Top Post said...

Your pictures today are beautiful! I think those taken in winter are my favorites because there are no leaves to block the views. The Christmas blanket is going to be such a special one.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The Christmas blanket will be so pretty.

Debbie Harris said...

Gorgeous sunset!!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Beautiful Photos from this morning - the Moon over the Snow is terrific. Have a great Weekend there. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The Christmas baby blanket looks nice.

God bless.

o2bhiking said...

The sunset is stunning! I like the colors in the blanket. I bet the finished product will look wonderful.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your view of the sunset is gorgeous. Beautiful sky. Love the moon too.
The blanket is pretty, love the colors. Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The Christmas colors sure will be nice to work on this month and next! Hope it's not so cold for your walks. I'm trying to take a day off today to get some other things done. Enjoy your day!

Michelle said...

Love hearing that your group got together to make baby blankets. A precious chore and fellowship to go with it.

Bill said...

Gorgeous sunset. The blanket is going to look very festive in those colours.
Enjoy your day.

Debby Ray said...

Pumpkin bread and banana bread with homemade apple butter...oh yes! The red, white and green blanket is so pretty and festive!

Adam said...

Pretty bright moon

ellen b. said...

Love the looks of your Christmas baby blanket. Your baby blanket time at church sounds like a great activity.