Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Walking in and out

Only 8 degrees this morning.
Just a bit too cold to go walking outside so went
down in the basement first thing this morning and
walked 3 miles.
Walked another mile down there later on
and the last 2 miles were outside.

Got out the slow cooker and tried a new chicken recipe.
The chicken can be used in tacos or salads.
We ate it for supper and just made sandwiches on rolls with it.
A recipe to save and make again.

By late morning the temperature got up to 19 degrees
and it was sunny.
So we bundled up and went outside.
The driveway had just a little snow on it but underneath
the snow was ice.
Ken sprinkled rock salt on it and after a bit it was good to drive on.

I walked around Happy Trails.


Got another strip sewed on the yellow and white bedspread I'm
making for us with weave-it squares.
I now have 10 strips finished which makes 240 squares in it so far.
When it is done it will have 24 strips.

Also started the next book.
The Nature of the Beast by Louise Penny.
I already like it!!



 That's all for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone  🥰

One joy scatters a hundred griefs.
Chinese Proverb 

Comment Replies:
Vee - Yes, I'm ready for snow.  I like it.  Just don't like ice!!

HillTop -  No, no umbrella for me in the snow.  I like snow falling on me!

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow that really is cold! It got down to 34 here today and my husband walked 5 miles in circles in the house! Not me, I bundled up and went outside. I walked 2 miles up and down the street in front of the house.

Lisa

Vee said...

❄️ Okay! I wish you all the snow that will make you content and no ice. (It’s very icy here.) Please wish me none, except Christmas Eve. ☺️

The chicken recipe sounds tasty. I am always looking for good chicken recipes.

Tom said...

...22 F here this morning and we now have a foot of snow. It's pretty, but I'm having a hard adjusting to the cold. Lovely scene in the woods.

Rose said...

I cannot remember what the temp was this morn..but it was COLD! That bedspread is going to be so bright and pretty. that is a lot of squares to make. Is it at all easy to make a mistake and have to do a square over? I had not thought of that till now.

William Kendall said...

Very similar conditions here today.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks like you have just enough snow to make some lovely scenes.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I like your Snow pictures- the Forrest and Rock Wall look very cold draped in snow. KEV.

Granny Marigold said...

Nice snow pictures but I'm sure glad we don't have any snow. No one knows how to drive in it around here so it becomes doubly treacherous. Those of us who come from the prairies have a little more know-how.

Hill Top Post said...

Your snowy woods are so beautiful. I was just thinking today, when I was walking, that I might need to shop for some taller boots just in case we get a deeper snow this year.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Your photos make me cold. It's been raining for ever over here. Floods everywhere. People having to leave home. Furniture and contents ruined. More rain forecast.

Take care Happyone. God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty snowy scenes. I would rather walk inside than out in the cold windy weather. Wishing you a happy day!

Adam said...

We can never beat you on cold weather

Happy@Home said...

Brr, that is cold. It does look pretty with the snow in the woods.

Sandi said...

Beautiful!

Bill said...

Beautiful snow photos. The snow makes everything look pretty.

ellen b. said...

Whoa! That is cold for walking outside. Pretty photos. I just ordered the latest Louise Penny book to read. Haven't started it yet. Stay warm!

o2bhiking said...

Could a white Christmas be in your future?