Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 25, 2019

Red, green, and white

Didn't feel like waiting for it to get light before
I could walk so drove to town in the Jeep and started walking at 6:35.
The temperature was 33 degrees and it was cloudy.
Sunrise 7:13

First walked over to the library and put a few books down
the book drop.
Then just had a random walk all over town up and
down all the streets,
around both cemeteries and the ball park.
 Watched a driver in a white SUV in the parking lot.
He went around and around in a circle one way,
then the other way.  
Left the parking lot, came back and did the same thing
and then drove off!!
Have no idea what he was doing!

Just about at the end of my walk some blue sky
was stating to show.


Walked 6 miles

☁️     ⛅️     🌤

We went to Walmart this morning and did our food shopping.
Quite a few others had the same idea.
Probably a good idea to stay out of the stores till next week.

After lunch I baked some Pumpkin Bread.
One thing nice about this recipe is that it makes 3 loaves.

 Finished sewing the Christmas baby blanket.
Will hand it in at the next baby blanket work day
and start on the next one.

Till then I'll be making squares for my white and yellow bedspread.
Goal is to get 2 more rows done which is 48 squares.
That might be a bit ambitious!!
 
That about covers today.
Hope your day is a happy one.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone  🥰

Plenty of people miss their share of happiness,
not because they never found it,
but because they didn't stop to enjoy it.
William Feather

Comment Replies:
Vee - No, have never sang Psalm 100.  Didn't even know it was put to music!!

21 comments:

ellen b. said...

The baby Christmas blanket turned out great. It's a good idea to avoid stores for the rest of the week!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the Christmas baby blanket.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

The baby blanket is beautiful...it looks so soft and cuddly. If I can remember, I am going to ask Lorelei's daddy if the guy that did the circles could have been checking something on his car. I am really curious/nosy about that.

We were at Walmart for a few things today...it was busy but this super walmart is not one of the huge ones and is farming country and people are always so nice. Then we got up to the lanes...it has gone mostly to self scan, but I did not feel like doing it today. I was so worn out...and this little checker I had seen when we first got there came and got me and said 'Come on, I will check you out down here!' I could have hugged her.

Adam said...

Nice pattern

William Kendall said...

I imagine the stores will be quite busy there on Friday... and that's an understatement.

Vee said...

Have snagged the pumpkin bread recipe for my recipe file. I think I’ll be baking that tomorrow. Thank you.

The baby blanket is very Christmasy and festive! Was there a reason why you changed the pattern by switching the green and white blocks? You might be one of “those.”☺️

Granny Marigold said...

I do wonder about that driver with his strange driving around the parking lot.
The Christmas blanket looks so lovely and festive. Your yellow and white one will be finished before you know it. You're a fast worker.

Tom said...

...great color combination for the season.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that cute baby blanket and your early morning walk! That baby blanket will be perfect for a Christmas baby! See you again soon!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Some sweet little one will be all cozy in that cute blanket.

Hill Top Post said...

Your Christmas blanket will be so loved by some sweet baby. You are a fast worker, so I doubt that you are being overly ambitious in your goal. Your first picture is such a peaceful scene.

Jack said...

sunday morning wishes for a best way to say

Good Morning Happy Sunday Image Hindi

Victor S E Moubarak said...

He was going round in circles. It's to "teach" new cars to turn round corners.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Looks as though Winter has set in - the Farm Paddock looks very bleak without it's crop. Your Blanket looks excellent- well done indeed.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The baby blanket is so pretty. I love the colors too. Pretty view of the pond and sky. Enjoy your day, wishing you a good week ahead!

Lisa said...

Another adorable baby blanket. Perfect colors for the season. I bought a set of knitting needles yesterday. I’m gonna try to learn to knit.
Lisa

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh how I love that quote! So many people act like they've never had a chance at happiness. How sad! Love your blanket and the pumpkin bread sounds yummy. I know you answer all questions...I think I have one. You know I walk a lot but sometimes I still get sore. Do you ever get sore muscles? Hugs!

Pom Pom said...

Your blanket is so festive!
Yes, the grocery store was NUTS yesterday! Everyone was happy and friendly, though. I think we're all looking forward to the holiday meal!

Bill said...

The blanket looks fantastic and the colours are very festive. Stores, I imagine, are all going crazy right now. That sounds chaotic to me. :)
Enjoy your day.

Aritha V. said...

Love the photos. Ans sometimes I also drive like the car you saw :-) It's funny to do.

What a nice blanket.

Angie said...

Maybe someone was test driving the car? I agree with you - the closer to Thanksgiving we get, the crazier the stores! And Black Friday - you couldn't catch me joining in that melee! Pumpkin bread sounds really good right about now! Happy Thanksgiving to you are yours!