Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 11, 2019

Wall Finished

48 degrees this morning and sunny.
Sunrise 7:23

I rode down to Oakland with Ken again this Friday
and he dropped me off in town and then went to breakfast
with Edd.  

Started my walk at 7:25.
Walked through town and then headed on down to the walking path.
Looking up at the hill at the start of the path
is a cross and the American flag.
Walking along the first path.

Coming up to the end here and you can kind of see the road
up a little ways. 
The little roof up there covers a natural spring.
I crossed the road and then went over a bridge over the river.
I continued walking along the street for a little ways
to the other path in a little park.
You can follow the red path or the green path
and each is one mile long and I walked each one.
It makes me laugh because both paths are one and the same.
The red path goes one way and the green is the same path just
going in the opposite direction!!  

Then walked back to town and then walked back and forth on the 
first part of the path.
By that time Ken was there to pick me up and we went home.

I walked 6 miles

🍁     ☀️     🍂

After lunch I helped Ken harvest more rocks for the wall.
He finished the wall today.
We got some of the rocks in here.
As you can see we will never run out of rocks for building walls.

While he was wall building, I sat out on the porch and read.
Finished reading Charade by Sandra Brown.
Liked the book, a page turner that kept me guessing till the end.

Will start another book later and sew the baby blanket.
Maybe I'll even finish it.

So ends another day here at Happy Trails.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰
Leaf day 5

16 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm sure that Ken will find something else to build with all your stone.

Michelle said...

That path is a pretty one for a walk. Ken's wall has turned out very nice.

Vee said...

That's a great path! Seems as if Oakland is a little further along in their autumn journey. Lots of bare trees and the colors are muted. The fence looks fabulous. I like to imagine little chipmunks finding the cubby holes to enjoy. Have a good weekend!

Hill Top Post said...

I love those stone walls. It won't be long until rock harvesting will have to wait for the snows to melt. There was a chill in the air today when Millie and I went out walking. I had one little moment when I thought, "I kind of dread winter," but then I thought of all those hot, sweaty walks this summer and put that thought right out of my mind.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Now that Ken has finished the Rock Wall will he now have the time to work on his Model Railroad- has Ken started the new layout already? KEV.

Granny Marigold said...

Nice walk you had. The red path/green path made me smile.

Rose said...

It is past midnight and I about laughed out loud about the red and green path! That is so funny. I would love to have a place like that to walk near here. Really nice shots.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos.

God bless.

Henny Penny said...

You amaze me with having such a great post...and every day! And, the beautiful pictures you take while walking. I've never seen so many big beautiful stones! Will stone walls replace your natural fence? :) That would be a little more tiring to build. My natural fence is looking a little rough after this summer. I want to add new sticks and limbs soon. Henny

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty scenes and photos. Ken did a great job in the rock wall, it looks beautiful. I will put that book on my TBR list. Happy weekend!

Susie said...

So you are saying Ken ate a six mile breakfast. LOL. You do see pretty sights. I love the rock wall. great job. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Connie said...

My, my, my what a lovely trail to walk and I loved seeing the cross and the American flag together on the hill. This country needs to remember the importance of being under the headship of our Lord and Savior.
Your stone wall is gorgeous and I truly applaud your husband for such a fine job!
Thanks for letting us tag along on your morning walk.

Bill said...

I love the path, you can take either way and get to the same place. :) The wall looks fabulous. Love the fall leaf.
Have a wonderful day.

William Kendall said...

A lovely path to follow!

Adam said...

Not much life left in that leaf.

Debby Ray said...

What a beautiful place to walk...oh my goodness! Ron did a fantastic job on that wall...and you can tell him I said so...lol!