Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Puzzles

Drove the Jeep to town and started walking at 6:45.
I felt a few sprinkles of rain every now and then
but not enough to get me wet.
It was 55 degrees.
Sunrise 7:23

Walked up and down the main street under the street lights
till it was light.
The bakery opens at 7:00 so it was still closed when I walked by.
But the lights were on and I know they were busy baking because
wonderful smells were in the air.
There have been a few businesses in this little shop and all have
failed except for this bakery/deli.
I'm happy to say they are doing a great business.
Surprised to still see Queen Anne's Lace around.
Walked all over town in no particular order.
No workers over by the ball park loop so walked around there
a couple of times.
Yesterday they put in this huge drainage pipe.
Still piles of dirt all around the the equipment was still out
so they will be back doing more work.
Walked over to the cemetery on the hill and around there a few times
before getting back to the Jeep and driving home again.

Saw a few deer along the road as I drove home.

Walked 6 miles
☁️     🌧     ☁️
No work outside today because it was rainy at times.
I suggested we drive up to a store called Whispering Pines to look around.
Driving down our road we came across a bunch of wild turkeys
running down the road.
Picture isn't that good but it was the best I could do
through the windshield.
It was so funny to watch them all running down the road.

We picked out a few little things to buy at Whispering Pines.
A little bird for my collection to sit on the window sill
by the kitchen sink.
Many of you may remember that once the snow falls we start
doing jigsaw puzzles and do them all winter long.
We picked out these two to get us started this year.
I almost want it to snow so we can do one.
Pretty sure we will do the ice cream truck first.
Didn't finish sewing the baby blanket like I thought last night but
worked on it this afternoon and just have one more row to sew.
It will be done this evening for sure.

Late afternoon the sun decided to come out and shine for a while.

That's it for today.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰

Leaf day 6
Comment Replies:
Vee - we do see plenty of chipmunks in the stone walls!

Kev - Ken works on his train layout mostly during the winter or rainy days.  He's down there now as I type this.  He has quite a lot done on his layout but with LOTS more to do.  It will keep him busy for years!!

Henny - Oh no, my natural fences will stay. I'm always adding to them.  The latest trees that we cut down went on it.

13 comments:

Tom said...

...rainy day here too, my son took me to the mechanic to pick up my '50 Ford Coupe. Today was the first that I have ever driven it in the rain and the wipers didn't do much of a job. With Amazon these day it's a wonder that any small businesses are open.

Rose said...

I have been kind of in the mood for a puzzle but am putting it off till it is colder. It was chilly here this morn. I was surprised to see frost! and I kicked the heat on and let it blow a couple or three times this afternoon.

I would love to have been there to see those turkeys.

Debby Ray said...

No pretty fall foliage here yet...very dry summer so I hope it starts looking a bit more like autumn...it sure felt like it this morning...in the high 30s this AM! Those are some great puzzles...and they look pretty hard too!

Carol W. said...

I like your puzzle choices. Not enough patience here to complete one (let alone get halfway thru one). They do look like fun. The trees are turning nice colors.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Great photos- I can imagine how inviting the Bread Shop is with newly baked bread in the breeze- nothing like it is there? Thanks for letting me know that Ken is currently working on his New Layout- I presume he is still working with HO Scale and the Steam Era. Have fun with those Jig Saw Puzzles. Cheers. KEV.

Aritha V. said...

Hoi, hoi. Love the photo of the bakery. So nice in the early morning. You new puzzles are so beautiful. I have to buy puzzles too. Have a blessed Sunday.

Adam said...

People often forget how much prep goes in before a place opens.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Ice cream truck ... now that's a look back into history.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I can just imagine the delicious smells coming from the bakery in the morning. I am glad they are doing well. I love the cute shot of the turkeys running down the road. I remember those old ice cream trucks coming around my old neighborhood. Great puzzles. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

William Kendall said...

The Queen Anne's Lace is quite pretty.

Bill said...

The bakery smells are the best. The wild turkeys are running wild, that must have been a sight to see. My grandmother loved puzzles and aways had one on her table.
Have a wonderful evening.

Hill Top Post said...

I love your early morning, before sunup, pictures. The bakery looks so cheery. Bill is right, "Bakery smells are the best." Now that you have puzzles to work, "Let it snow..." :~)

Retired Knitter said...

I know you have probably answered this question previously. What do you do with all the puzzles you complete? Ever repeat any of them? When my husband and I did puzzles many years ago we used to glue them together and then put them up on a wall. With the number you have completed and will complete you could probably cover a wall completely with the puzzles. It would sure be a conversation piece. Maybe that would work in your little cabin?