Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 10, 2019

In the corn field

Another drive to town and started my walk at 6:40 in the dark.
It was 44 degrees with a bit of a breeze.
Sunny once the sun rose.
Sunrise 7:22

Walked up and down the main street and on roads that had
street lights until it was light.
Then just walked all over the place in no particular order.
Couldn't walk around the ball park loop because work was going
on there with digging trenches and putting in drain pipes.
Walking around the lower cemetery I often see deer run into the
corn field here at the corner of the cemetery. 
So I walked in here between the rows of corn.
(Sorry for the blurry pictures)
There are some pretty wide passages through the corn and could
see how the deer could easily run through them.
I walked in a ways going this way and that.
Then thought, I'd better get out of here before I get lost.
Turned around and got a bit confused and was just
starting to get a little concerned and then found my way out.
I can just picture myself calling Ken and saying come find me,
I'm lost in the cornfield!

After the corn field I walked up to and around the cemetery
up on the hill, another loop around town,
then back to the car and home.

Walked 6 miles

🍁     🌽     ☀️

Ken worked on his stone wall and I left and went back
to town to the library for my book club meeting.
 There were eight of us there today.
While there checked out the next book for next months meeting
and another book too.
Trying a new author (Julie Klassen) that was recommended by a blog
friend but can't remember who.

After lunch we cut down the last two trees around the house
that had died that we wanted to get down before winter. 
Happy to say all went well.

After that it was time to sit on the porch and eat apples.
I then see how far I can throw the core.

I finished up the last of the weave-it squares for the baby blanket.
Now just have to sew them together.
Will post a picture when I get finished.

So that's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰
Day 4 of leaves

12 comments:

Tom said...

...corn is quickly being chopped for silage here and some will be left to dry for shelled corn.

Rose said...

I can not remember just when it was but someone did get lost in a cornfield and had to be rescued. We laughed but that would be a scary feeling. And if the sun is not out, it could be easy. Love that first shot and the closing leaf!

Hill Top Post said...

You probably would do well figuring a way out of any corn maze. My sister has all kinds of activities for kids at her petting zoo, one of which is a maze through large bales of hay. I've never tried it!

Granny Marigold said...

Your own personal corn maze!! Good thing a deer didn't come running along towards you!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

If I had gone into the corn field....I would still be there! hahaha! Glad you found your way out and had a good day. Sounds like cool temps already. Enjoy!!!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I've never walked through a Corn Field- would be a bit disorientating in the thick of it. Glad your getting in your long walks as you are in Autumn- expect that you'll experience Snow this Winter. Have a great weekend there. Cheers. KEV.

Adam said...

Another good leaf, someone call Walt Whitman

Vee said...

Oh that story about the corn! Ha! My family once wanted to go to the giant corn maze in the hot Sept. sun. I said that I had no need to prove to myself and all there that I was dumber than a rat. Rats are pretty good at mazes from my observations all those years ago in science class. Me? I don’t think so. Turn me around in a parking lot three times and I’m befuddled.

Loving the leaf...

Ruth Hiebert said...

I was thinking that walking into a cornfield could end badly if you easily get directions mixed up. Glad you made it out safely.

Bill said...

Nice light on the fence. I wouldn't like to get lost in a cornfield either and I imagine that can happen very easily.
Have a wonderful day.

William Kendall said...

The corn appears to have grown well this year.

ellen b. said...

Glad you made it out of the corn! We'll probably pay to go through a corn maze on the weekend but I'll have my daughter with me who can always find the right turns to get out!