Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 18, 2019

Walking Sign

Went again this Friday with Ken and he dropped me off in Oakland
and then went to meet Edd for breakfast.
(Ken also went to Walmart)
Oakland is a half hour drive from our house.
It was 35 degrees and happy to say the strong wind has finally stopped.
The sun was out for a little while and then it was just cloudy.
Ken dropped me off at 7:25.
Sunrise 7:30 

He dropped me off here and I started my walk.
Passed the old train station
and continued on to the walking bridge which is the start of the path.
I'm walking on the path here.
I liked how the sun was just shining on the trees up ahead.
I've come to the end of the first part of the path and walking
along the road to get to the next part.
Crossed over the train tracks.
Got to the next path and walked the mile loop on the green 
path twice, and then the mile loop on the red path loop twice.
You may remember from last week that the green and the red path
are the same!! They just go in opposite directions. 😄

Then walked back along the path to the start where Ken picked me up.

I was surprised to only see one other person walking during all
of my walk.

Walked just over 6 miles.

 ⛅️     ☁️     🍁

After I ate breakfast, which was pretty late in the morning
by the time we got back home,
I just did the basic house chores.
Ate lunch a little later than usual.
Then just puttered about the house and Happy Trails.

Our neighbor Ron gave us this sign a while back
and Ken put it up today out back at the start of a walking trail
here at Happy Trails.
He didn't tell me he was doing it.
Just came inside and told me to look out the window to see if
I noticed anything.
Isn't that cool!!!

Posting early today because we are about to leave for an evening
of Mexican Train at Tricia and Randy's house.
Having supper there as well before the game.
She is making home made pizza.
I'm bringing a salad.
Should be a fun time and looking forward to it.

Hope your day was sunny and bright.
happyone 🥰

18 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

That walking sign is perfect there.

Tom said...

...a perfect gift for you, Karen.

Joyful said...

It's nice for you to have a change of scenery on your daily walk. I love the fall colours in the photo with the train tracks. Enjoy your night out.

William Kendall said...

I like that old train station.

Connie said...

Beautiful Autumn color on your walk . . . nice sign too :)

Rose said...

That is the perfect gift. You would not believe how many times I have smiled to myself thinking about the green and red trail. LOL I have not tried to share that with Roger...sometimes it is just so hard to explain something to him. But maybe I will try later cause if he got it, it would appreciate it.

I LOVE the shots from today...I can't pick a favorite. Love that brick sidewalk.

Granny Marigold said...

Neat sign.
I hope you had fun playing Mexican Train. We really enjoy it too.

Vee said...

Great sign for Happy Trails. Walking in Oakland is a nice change of scenery. I saw trees today with the sun hitting them like that. I even took a picture, but haven’t checked it to see how it turned out.

By now, you are probably happily playing Mexican Train. 🙂

Hill Top Post said...

Your woods are so lovely in this picture! I love the sign! I took a longer walk today, but, of course, don't have a clue as to how far we went. Four miles is about my limit. Today, I asked Millie if she thought another couple of miles would kill us. She just smiled and ran on ahead! Your pictures are so good today; surely Ken enjoys the train station.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen. Found Oakland on Google MAPS - just South East of Morgantown- Oakland looks a bit isolated- though a pretty town shown by your photos. Noticed a B&O Caboose in one of your photos- in red- I always thought their Cabeese were overall Blue with Yellow ends...anyway, thanks for showing us the photos. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos.

God bless.

Henny Penny said...

As usual your pictures are beautiful, I love that street with the houses, such a pretty place to walk. Yep, that is the perfect sign for you and your place.

NanaDiana said...

Your walking is so inspirational I hope to start walking in earnest once I leave my job at the end of the year. I have never played Mexican train but have played other kinds of dominoes.
Have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the fall colors are looking pretty there. I love the train station photo and the walking sign! Enjoy your weekend!

Bill said...

The colours are looking fantastic in your area. The train station is nice looking and the sign is perfect for you, the walking woman. :)
Enjoy your day.

Adam said...

Pizza time is always good

Sue said...

You have a very dear and thoughtful husband, the gift is perfect for you, love the photos, beautiful town.
Have a great day,
Sue

ellen b. said...

Well if anyone needs a walking sign like that, you do. What a thoughtful gift and thoughtful place to hang it, too.