Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Forgetful

37 degrees this morning, raining and with the wind blowing
the rain sideways, and it being dark,
Ken suggested it would not be a good idea to go walking.
So I listened to him and didn't go.
Sunrise 7:29

Left for church 8:45 for Blankets for Babies.
There were 11 of us there today.
Sandy made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and we each
had a cup of orange slices too. 

Happy to say my little devotional on kindness went well.
Thank you God, because I couldn't have done it with out you!!

Then it was time to get to work on those blankets.
That is everyone except for me.
Took the yarn out of my tote and realized I
didn't have the loom!!
I had forgotten it at home.
Must have been thinking about doing the devotional and making
sure I didn't forget my notes and forgot all about the loom.
We had a good laugh over that.
I stayed and talked for a bit and then left and went home.

After lunch the rain had stopped but it was still very windy.
I wanted to go walking around Happy Trails,
but once again Ken said it wasn't such a good idea.
With the wind he said a branch could come crashing down on me.
So I didn't go.
Good thing I have Ken looking out for me! 

So today was the first day of the season that I had to do loops
down in the basement around Ken's train layout.
I went down 3 different times and walked 2 miles each time,
so I got my 6 miles in anyway!!

Read some of my book.
 Also made some weave-its and got the next blanket started.
This one will be a mix of colors, yarn left over from
previous blankets. 

That's been my day.
Didn't get any work done but still it was a very good day.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰

Sorry no pictures today.

Comment Replies:
HillTop - Not cold enough yet for my nice warm coat.  I'd be much too warm. Can't wear that till it gets down in the low 20's.  The coat is that warm!!

11 comments:

Rose said...

That with forgetting the loom sounds so like something I would do:) Only think, I don't even have to be thinking about something else.

Cool again here this day...but bright and sunny.

Joyful said...

I'm so glad you have Ken looking out for you and that you listen to his advice :-) It is great that you have a place to walk downstairs. That was a smart idea to include when you built the house. I'm reading about all the rain in your blog post and seeing all the rain drops on your blog theme, at the same time it's really raining hard outside. It's been a week of very heavy rain. The weather man promises it is finished for awhile on Saturday night. I hope he is right.

William Kendall said...

We have rain happening here too.

Vee said...

Oh no! Forgetting the loom was just a bit of a disappointment, but better the loom than the lesson on kindness.

Ken is right! That storm was wild overnight. I heard a giant crash and thought that a tree had come down. It proved to be a big chunk of a branch and it landed on my front lawn. I looked out the window when it happened, but missed seeing it. Just found it this afternoon when I went out to the mailbox. And I thought it was good that no one had been beneath it.

Tom said...

...today was a day for ducks with down coats.

Granny Marigold said...

It certainly is annoying when we forget something. This becomes more of a problem with age!! Just a few minutes ago my DH came in and saw me reading my book and holding a pot holder. He wondered if that was now my bookmark. No, I was holding it to remind myself that I have bread in the oven and not to forget to take it out. ( I use a timer but the bread looked like it needed to brown more.)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am pretty sure that having a good day mainly depends on our attitude and you seem to have a very positive attitude. That’s awesome.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Very grey and raining here too.

God bless.

Pom Pom said...

My husband walks inside sometimes, too. I'm glad you stayed away from the falling tree branches!

Aritha V. said...

Sometimes we have to listen to our husbands :)

Bill said...

Great job getting your 6 miles in regardless of the weather outside. Very creative and cool! :)
Raining here too but supposed to be better for the weekend.