Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 07, 2019

Rainy Monday

Drove to town, and started walking at 6:45.
55 degrees and rainy.
Sunrise 7:19

As you can see it is till dark as I'm walking through town here.
Walked around town and went to the laundromat and
hung up a flyer on the bulletin board for a church event.

Made my way over to the industrial park on the other side of town
and walked around there.

Had a little chat with a woman
 who was waiting with her kids at the bus stop
She stopped me to asked a few questions.

Once back to town walked a couple loops around the ball park
and then over to the lower cemetery and around there.
Then back to the jeep and home.

Saw a few deer, one on the way to town,
one at the industrial park, and one in the cemetery.

Walked 6 miles

🌧     ☔️     🌧

It's been a rainy day all day so a good time to stay inside
and get some housework done.

Made some English Muffin Loafs.
Ken cut them them in slices and into the freezer they went
for future breakfasts.
I'm sure we'll have some for tomorrows breakfast.

 Making good progress on the weave-it squares for the baby blanket.
I have 16 more to make.

Started reading a good book and a real page turner for me.
Charade by Sandra Brown
Won't take me long to read this one.

That's about it for this rainy day.
Life is Good
happyone  🥰

19 comments:

Tom said...

...rainy here too, tomorrow should be a beauty!

Michelle said...

Something peaceful about walking in the dark, before anything, or anyone, wakes up.

Vee said...

Pouring here all day. I would not have enjoyed a walk in the rain. ☺️

I like the final picture. It mimics weave-it squares of the solid variety. The crimson leaf on them with the wet all around is scrumptious.

Hope tomorrow is dry!

Debbie Harris said...

You are so faithful with your walks and quite the inspiration.
I used to get up early and walk but my dear Beagle doesn't really like going out early, so I've changed things up.

Your English muffin loaf sounds good, that's something I've never made, may just have to give it a try.

Take care~

Rose said...

Oh, Karen, that last shot of the wet maple leave on the wet stone is fantastic...and I so love the first. I always look forward to your blog.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Having a rainy day is good. We have had mostly rainy days the last while so the sunshine today was a real treat.

Granny Marigold said...

Sure is still pretty dark at 6:45. Peaceful though, and it brightens up relatively quickly ( unless it's raining).

ellen b. said...

That's a dark start to your walk for sure. Rainy days make for good indoor tasks! Happy new week to you.

Hill Top Post said...

Your before daylight picture is a nice surprise! I love a rainy day, and sometimes, when we haven't had rain for a long time, I long for one terribly bad. You accomplished so much on your day inside.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Good to see the rain. I bought a 'Western Maryland' HO scale Box Car for my model railroad...I was thinking of you there in the USA when I first looked at the Logo. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It looks very cold where you are.

God bless.

Happy@Home said...

We haven't seen rain since August. At this point I would welcome a rainy day, although they tend to make me lazy. I admire how you power through your walks even on dark rainy mornings.

R's Rue said...

❤️

Sue said...

I love your walks around town and seeing the rolling hills. It would be so nice to have some rain here in our state, we have drought conditions everywhere.
The English muffins sound wonderful,
One of my goals is to begin to read more, especially since receiving the book from Vee, My dh and I have discussed this book so many times we are thinking it is about time to get another, I so admire your tenacity and work ethic, you inspire me dear Karen.
Blessings,
Sue

Lisa said...

We need some rain here. It's been dry since August. The town looks so quiet this time of morning.
Lisa

Adam said...

Leaf looks like the one on Canada's flag.

William Kendall said...

We've had rain off and on for a few days, but today has been bright and sunny. Yes, the days are getting shorter.

Lowcarb team member said...

We too had a lot of rain yesterday, but better today.
That was dark when you first went out.

All the best Jan

Bill said...

Our sunrise, if we have one, comes up just before 8. It's amazing how fast the light changes. It looks peaceful in the morning when you go out. I enjoy that quiet time before the town gets up and going. We had rain and tomorrow we are getting some more. :( I like the red leaf, it's pretty.
Have a wonderful evening.