Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 05, 2019

A fun day

Left the house walking at 7:05.
37 degrees and windy, and a mix of sun and clouds.
Sunrise 7:17

Walked to town.
Pretty quiet and didn't see anyone else out,
nor did I see any deer or other wildlife.


Continued walking through town and around on the side streets.
One loop around the ball park and then headed back home.

An uneventful walk but a good one all the same.
It was a nice brisk fall morning, perfect for walking.

Walked 6 miles
๐Ÿ     ๐ŸŒค     ๐Ÿ‚

It warmed up in the 50's and stayed sunny and windy all day.
We spent most of the day outside working on trails through the woods
at Happy Trails.

Drove around the trails on the ATV which was a lot of fun.
Ken does the driving and I just hold on tight making lots
of loud noises when I think we are getting too close to a tree
  or go over some rocks which I think are too big! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
He just ignores me.  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Below is a nice wide trail where the ATV travels nicely.


 This is one of my neighbor cows.
I thought spring was the time for calving but
she sure looks like she's pregnant to me.
Walked up to the fence and took her picture.

When I talked to her, she looked up.

Had planned on washing the jeep but never got around to it.
That will have to wait until Monday.

It's been a fun day and it passed much too quickly.

Some reading and making weave-it squares awaits me now.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone ๐Ÿฅฐ

16 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am pretty sure I would be making all kinds of noises if I were on that ATV.

Tom said...

...a frosty, foggy start to a beautiful day topped off with a wonderful sunset, life is good! Keep enjoyhing your weekend.

Vee said...

Yup, I’m with Ruth and you...I’d be squealing. You two are a couple of fun-loving kids living the life! Keep enjoying your life!

Rose said...

Oh, that cow does not look far off from calving...They can have them any time. I hope you get to see it and photograph it when it comes. (If I am right...) I used to could tell at home when it was close, but that is 45 yrs ago!
Your weather is a bit cooler than ours...but it is getting cooler here. Just about perfect...

Hill Top Post said...

We cleaned and mowed my winter route through the woods this week. I don't walk it in summer because of ticks, but in winter when the wind is howling I take the woods route which protects me a little. Windy and 37 degrees. BRRR! A chilly walk for you this morning!

Carol W. said...

All your walks have such pretty scenery! Yup,that "mooother" cow looks pregnant to me too! Glad you had a fun day! God bless you both!

Granny Marigold said...

Aww! You had a lovely day!
I've never been on an ATV but I'm sure I'd be scared of falling off.

Adam said...

Cute cow

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy weekend to you and yours.

God bless.

Bill said...

A nice and enjoyable day and a beautiful cow to say hi too.
Enjoy the day!




































































































































































































William Kendall said...

Lovely fall colours!

Jeanette said...

Looks like a beautiful place to walk! And that definitely is a pregnant cow!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The fall colors are looking beautiful. It does look like the cow is pregnant!
The ATV ride sounds like fun! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful scenery in your photographs.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Can see some lovely fall colors in your neck of the woods!

Sue said...

beautiful foliage, ours are just beginning.
Sue