Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 25, 2019

Breathtaking Sunrise

No blogging yesterday for me.
It was a Fingerprint Ministry work day at church.
Worked from 8:45 till 7:30.
People came and went all day and we got 8,449 Spanish Romans books
assembled, stapled, cut, packed and ready to go.
📖     📖
This Friday like the last few of them I went along with Ken
down to Oakland and walked the paths down there
while he had breakfast with Edd and then did a few errands.
Driving there we stopped at Deep Creek Lake so I could take
some pictures of this breathtaking sunrise over the lake.



Ken dropped me off at the usual spot at 7:35. 
It was 37 degrees and cloudy.
 and I walked passed the houses and down the street into town.

Then walked along the path over to the park and around there
on the Green and the Red paths.


Saw two runners and two walkers at the park.

Walked back along the path to town where I met Ken
and we came home.

Walked 6.4 miles

🍁     ☁️  

These are the two recliners we bought the other day.
YES, they are very comfortable.
So nice to come home last night and just sit in them after a long day.
   

Out this morning to do a few errands.
We took one of the old chairs to the refuse center and threw
one away.  Only allowed one piece of furniture a day so
will bring the other old chair another day.

Stopped at the library to pick up the book I put on reserve
the other day, Test of Wills.

Turkey Hill ice cream on sale again at the Shop and Save
so we picked up 4.

Didn't get any work done in the house except for
the every day stuff you have to do!

Read quite a while this afternoon.
Liking the Inn keeper of Ivy Hill very much and look forward
to reading more of Julie Klassen books.

Will be checking out a new series for us from Netflix
this evening.
Agatha Raisin, anyone watch it or hear of it?

That's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one 
and Thanks for stopping by.
happyone 🥰

This is my view from our office
Don 't put the key to happiness in someone else's pocket.
~ unknown

20 comments:

William Kendall said...

Splendid skies!

ellen b. said...

Those sunrises are amazing. The early bird gets the worm or the sunrises!! The chairs look very comfy!

Anonymous said...

The picture of the view from your office would make for a great jigsaw puzzle!

Lowcarb team member said...

Simply WOW! Definitely a breath-taking sunrise.

Love your new chairs :)

All the best Jan

Susie said...

Your pictures were wonderful. I love sunrise and sunset photos. The trees in the last picture , so pretty. I like that the chairs are side by side. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Tom said...

...WOW, this sure would be the highpoint of my day!

Rose said...

what a great view from your office...but my oh my, the sunrise shots are amazing!

Granny Marigold said...

The new chairs look nice and comfortable!!
You were wondering if we walk at the same time. I'm not sure because of the time zones. I leave the house at 8:30 and here it is Pacific Daylight Saving Time ( very soon we'll go back to Standard Time).
I think you must be 3 hours ahead of us here so then my 8:30 would be your 11:30... if I'm not mixed up. It happens.

Hill Top Post said...

Oh wow! Breathtaking sunrise over the lake, for sure! I like that the recliners are side-by-side. If we could rearrange ours like that, we might be better able to hear what the other is saying. That's a lot of books to assemble, I am sure those chairs did feel mighty good!

Terra said...

Wow to the sunrise photos and I like your two recliners and congrats on assembling so many books.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wow! That sunrise is awesome. The lake reflections sure make it that much more special.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Spectacular photos of the Sunrise - well done! Like your new comfy chairs- I'd go to sleep in those types of chairs and get nothing done- be good for watching TV...but I don't watch TV. Have a great Weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Wow, the sunrise is stunning. Beautiful Autumn trees and colors. Your new chairs look comfy. Lovely photos! Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Don 't put the key to happiness in someone else's pocket.

Brilliant.

God bless.

Henny Penny said...

You are right about those skies being breathtaking. Oh my goodness! How beautiful. I like the looks of that little town too. Bet it did feel good to get home and sit in those comfortable chairs. Is the burgundy one yours? I've said it before, but you live in one of the most beautiful places around. I love it there!

Happy@Home said...

That definitely is a breathtaking sunrise. The colors are so beautiful. What a lovely way to start the day.
I'll bet those new recliners felt delightful at the end of the day. They match your rug so nicely. Have a great weekend.

Aritha V. said...

Amazing sunrise. We love the same books. O and ... we bought a nice jigsaw puzzle. I think you love our puzzle. Look here: https://www.despellenhoorn.nl/product/the-toy-shop-950-stukken-puzzel-anton-pieck/

Do you like this one?

Aritha V. said...

And very nice chairs!!!

Bill said...

An amazing and gorgeous sunrise.
Those chairs sure look comfortable.
Have a wonderful day!

Vee said...

It’s looking beautiful there! That sunrise is spectacular! Glad that you are enjoying your recliners.