Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 28, 2019

Washing Windows

Another drive to town this morning and started
walking at 6:40.
41 degrees, calm, and foggy.
Sunrise 7:41

Walked all over town as usual where the street lights
are till it lightened up some.


Continued over to the ball park loop and walked around there
a couple of times and then went up the hill to the cemetery
and walked around there a couple of times.


The golf ball is gone.
Now I wonder who took it!

Saw a rabbit run across the road (it's been a while since I've seen one)
and didn't see it, but smelled a skunk!

No people out walking or running.
Pretty quite around town this Monday morning.

The sun came out to shine on me just as I got back to the Jeep.

Walked 6 miles

🐇     🍁     🌫     🌤

Washed a couple of loads of laundry and got them hung out to dry.

Then I tackled washing windows.
I'm thankful having nice big windows to sit and look out of,
but that means they need to be kept clean.
Who wants to look out at beautiful scenery through dirty windows! 
Washed all windows in the living room, dining room, and kitchen,
inside and out, and the French doors.
Some could be washed standing on the porch,
others I needed to use a ladder.
 Sure wish they could stay sparkling clean.

Will wash the bathroom, office and bedroom windows another day.
Oh and then there's the garage!

This young heifer is the only red/brown one that our neighbor has.
The other cows and bulls are black and some have white heads.
She might looks familiar because I've taken her picture before.
I've learned that a heifer is a female cow who has never had a calf.
She has escaped from the pasture two days in a row now.
Arron rounded her up with his ATV.
Here she is resting up after her adventure around the neighborhood.
 
Well Monday is coming to and end already.
It's been a good day.
Hope your Monday has been a good one.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone 🥰

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance;
the wise grows it under his feet.
James Openheim

A neighbors driveway
 

20 comments:

Tom said...

...what a beautiful start to your day. It was cold over night here with fog in the morning, turning into a gorgeous fall day! You still have some nice color.

Nellie said...

What a lovely place you have for walking! I might suspect my hubby had rescued the golf ball, though the distance from here to there is great! Our windows need some washing here! - xoxo Nellie

William Kendall said...

The fall colours are lovely!

o2bhiking said...

Better you than me washing those big windows, but you will have owned the view. thanks for the comments on my recent hikes. For some reason, my blog is not allowing me to post comments to it, so my replies didn't go through.

KEV. Robertson. said...

The Autumn colors are superb- great photos - thanks for posting them.

Happy@Home said...

Too bad there wasn't a golf ball cam to reveal the new owner.
Just today I was thinking how dirty my windows are. Unfortunately it didn't go beyond the thought process :).
Beautiful colors in your last photo.

Granny Marigold said...

I did a bit of spot cleaning on my windows today but not a thorough job. I think it is my least favourite job.
That red and white heifer must have an adventurous heart to go wandering two days in a row! It looks like she's quite pleased with herself.

Rose said...

In the misty morning...we had that here, too. But we did not see the sun all day long. I think fog/mist is like snow and magnifies beauty. I would love to know where that golf ball is now...

Vee said...

Your neighbor has a beautiful driveway! What do you mean it was a good day? Someone stole your golfball! ☺️ Washing windows is not my favorite thing, but it is certainly true that it is not fun looking out through dirty windows. You got a whole lot done!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those windows, no sooner are they cleaned, but that they are dirty again. Mine need a good cleaning.

Joyful said...

Beautiful Fall scenes. Have a wonderful week ahead.

Debby Ray said...

Seeing the photo of the cemetery reminds me that I need to make trip down the road and visit a couple of really cool ones around here...one I can walk to, the other I need to drive to...or I might wind up in that cemetery...permanently...LOL!

ellen b. said...

Clean windows are such a treat. Looks like a great day in your neighborhood!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful scenes and photos. The colors and fog in the first photo is lovely. I like the cute cow, I wonder if she enjoyed her walk around the neighborhood. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great week ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Why don't you confuse people and put another orange golf ball on the same post? Only this time, super-glue it on!

God bless.

Michelle said...

That first photo is a beauty. Lots of fog here in Kentucky lately.

Bill said...

Gorgeous fall colours are everywhere.

Angie said...

How wise you are to walk under the streetlights until it gets brighter. When the clocks change it may give you more freedom! I agree with you about washing windows - but it can be a challenge if you have tall ones. Lovely photos from your "neighborhood". Enjoy the rest of your week. P.S. Love the quote.

Adam said...

I hope it was a golfer.

Lowcarb team member said...

I wonder who took the golf ball?
Wonderful photographs again, such fabulous Autumn colours.

All the best Jan