Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 26, 2019

A couple more signs

Drove to town and started walking at 6:30.
44 degrees, calm, and cloudy once the sun rose.
Sunrise 7:37

Most of my walk now is in the dark.
Looking forward to getting rid of the daylight savings time 
and back to normal next week.

Had my usual walk through town and staying where the
street lights are on for most of my walk.
Made a couple turns around the ball park loop and then
headed up to the cemetery and walked around there a couple of times.
As you can see the corn is all cut down.
Must have done all that yesterday.





Was curious to see if the orange golf ball would still be on the post and YES it was still there!!  I added a couple of little stones by it to make sure it wouldn't roll off.



From the cemetery I walked down to the barn to see the bulls.
The horses were down there too but they didn't even stop eating
to look up at me this time.

Headed back to the Jeep and home again.

Didn't see any people or animals either except for a couple
of deer on the drive to town.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     ☁️     ☁️
 Ken was already gone by the time I got home from walking.
He and a friend Dave left for the day to go to Timonium, MD for

I got a meatloaf started in the slow cooker
and then made a lemon cake.
  I couldn't wait for tonight and had to have a piece this afternoon.
(just a little one)

Wanted to go outside in the back this afternoon but a light misty rain
started so I stayed inside and read some more.
I was reading in my new comfortable chair
and fell asleep!

The other day I took a couple pictures of the other
two signs that Ken put up.  
The Rail Road sign leads down to the trains in the basement.

Ken made this weight limit sign for his arched stone bridge.
Actually 5 tons would be stretching it, 3 tons would be more accurate.

Ken called a little after 4:00 saying he was just leaving the
train show to come home.
 It is a 3 hour drive so I went ahead and ate supper.
I roasted potatoes, carrots, and Brussels sprouts to to
along with the meatloaf.
I sure do like roasted vegetables!
Doesn't this look good!?

Ken and Dave will probably stop somewhere along the way
to get something to eat.
 The veggies and meatloaf will be easy to heat up again
if they wait to eat when they get back.

Looking forward to seeing the goodies Ken bought for his layout!

Hope your day was a happy one.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone 🥰

The best way to cheer yourself up
is to try to cheer somebody else up.
  Mark Twain 

Comment Replies:
GrannyM - I forgot about the time difference. It's only 3:30 by you when I start my morning walk at 6:30.  

Henny - Yes, the burgundy chair is mine.  

Aritha - Yes, I do like your new puzzle, though it looks like a hard one! 

15 comments:

Tom said...

...I see that they cut the corn. Does the railroad sign have reflective glass
like the old time signs? We are having meatloaf tonight, those vegetables look good.

Rose said...

Well, I have to go look at Aritha's puzzle if I can keep it in my mind long enough. I had not thought about Time Change...I sure look forward to that. Your vegies look delicious.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The idea of adding the signs is cute. It adds even more interest.

Vee said...

Sounds as if you had a good day. Any day with a piece of cake in it is a good day. Going back to see what I have missed...

Granny Marigold said...

It's nice to know just how much time difference there is between here and there. If I find myself awake at 3:30 some morning I'll think of you.
Your roasted veggies look good. We had Beef Stew with lots of veggies. I picked my meat out and put them in my DH's bowl. He's just fine with that.

Hill Top Post said...

I especially enjoyed your pictures today. The roadsides there always look so clean and well kept. The rock work around your home and driveway is amazing and the signs are such fun. I wanted a nap today, but it never happened.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty images from your walk, the trees are colorful and pretty. I like the Railroad sign. I have been to that train show a few times when my son was young and he had a train layout. The roasted veggies are my favorite, they do look good. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead.

Retired Knitter said...

Cute signs - especially the RR one! :-)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I guess the golfer who lost that ball is searching on every other post to see if it is there. He'll get to your post soon enough; then he'll try to play on from up there.

God bless.

P.S. Why not confuse him and put the ball on another post? Come on ... you know you want to.

Adam said...

Cute pony

Pom Pom said...

Yummy roast veggies! Your lemon cake also sounds wonderful!
Stay warm and cozy, friend!

William Kendall said...

Pretty fall colours.

Bill said...

The roads look lovely with all the fall colours. I like the railroad sign and the weight limit one. Very nice.
Have a wonderful day.

o2bhiking said...

I'd like to see them pick a time and stick to it. We get x hours of daylight no matter how we click it. But I see your point. The veggies look delicious. And the railroad sign is a clever idea. Be well.

ellen b. said...

I really enjoy roasted vegetables, too. Glad your chair is comfortable enough to fall asleep in! The new signs are great!