Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, October 27, 2019

A hymn for Sunday

The Old Fashioned Way 
Words - Civilla D Martin
Music - W Stillman Martin

1.  They call me old-fashioned because I believe
That the Bible is God’s holy Word,
That Jesus, who lived among men long ago,
Is divine, and the Christ of God.

2.  Old-fashioned, because I believe and accept
Only what has been spoken from Heav’n;
Old-fashioned because at the cross I was saved,
At the cross had my sins forgiv’n.

3. Old-fashioned, because I am bound to do right,
To walk in the straight narrow way;
Because I have given my whole life to God,
Old-fashioned because I pray.
 
4. Old-fashioned, because I am looking above
To Jesus, my glorified Lord;
Because I believe He is coming again,
Fulfilling His holy Word.

Refrain

My sin was old-fashioned,
My guilt was old-fashioned,
God’s love was old-fashioned, I know;
And the way I was saved was the old-fashioned way,
Through the blood that makes whiter than snow.

๐ŸŽถ     ๐ŸŽถ    ๐ŸŽถ 

I took these pictures the other day of a big old tree out back our house.
 


A blessed Sunday to all.
happyone  ๐Ÿฅฐ
 

16 comments:

William Kendall said...

Lovely pics!

Tom said...

...those tree are among God's greatest creations.

Sandi said...

Guess I am old-fashioned too!

Michelle said...

Wishing you a blessed week ahead.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Debbie Harris said...

I liked what Sandi said, and I'm right there with her! ๐Ÿ˜
What a fascinating tree.

Take care ♡

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful timeless words in that hymn.

Hill Top Post said...

Being old-fashioned is really a good thing! I love looking up into that big old tree!

Connie said...

Call me old fashioned too :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you a happy Sunday.

God bless.

Vee said...

That’s a great old-fashioned song and brand new to me. That tree has a lot of character!

o2bhiking said...

Nice hymn. I feel like an old-fashioned guy most of the time. I'm sure that younger people would consider me so.

Leslie said...

Call me old fashioned too! I wish the world was more old fashioned.
Have a great new week my friend.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I admire the Old Tree...it reminds me of the Mythical 'Ents'.

Bill said...

A beautiful old tree.
Have a wonderful day.

ellen b. said...

Love the old fashioned hymn and that old tree, too.