Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 02, 2019

Rain, sun and a picnic

Woke up a bit late this morning because it was dark and raining
but was out of the house walking at 6:50
60 degrees
Sunrise 6:46

Ken asked if I wanted him to pick me up in town but told
him I'd walk back home.
My umbrella went up and down quite a few times.
Here I am getting to town and though the rain had stopped for a little
while I'm walking back into it.
Behind me where I'd just walked it looked like this.
At times I was walking with the sun shining and it pouring down rain.

Walked through town and passed the old house.
The new people haven't moved into it yet!
I couldn't help noticing that the lawn needed mowing
but was smiling because I didn't have to worry about it. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Continued walking behind the house and up the hill,
then back through town and home again.
Didn't see anyone else out nor any wildlife either.
Very quiet around town on this Labor Day morning.

By the time I arrived back home the sun was out and shining.
Walked a little more than half way up the hill here
and turned around to take the picture.
Walked 6 miles
๐ŸŒง     ☁️     ๐ŸŒฅ      ๐ŸŒค
Spent a little time in the kitchen this morning.
Made a couple more loaves of the English Muffins Loaves.
Ken cut them in nice even slices
and I put them in the freezer to take out as needed.
When I cut slices they come out, well lets just say not nice even slices!!

We were invited over to Debbie and Ron's for a picnic and I made
A Blitz Cake
Got the recipe from Pat, who is David's (son) X mother in law.

Headed out for the picnic at 2:15 and we stopped a Lowe's
before getting there.
Fun time at the picnic!
Had a couple of rain showers but it was mostly sunny.
A walking path runs along the back of their yard
and at one point a few of us went for a little walk. (1.2 miles)

Home now to enjoy the rest of the evening.
Hope you enjoyed your Labor Day
Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿฅฐ

Comment Replies:
Vee - The hand shaking song works like this.  We sing a verse and then while Jennifer
plays the piano we all walk around greeting people. We have a very friendly church so this can take a while.  When we get back to our seats we sing another verse of the hymn.  Often I think that Jennifer must get tired of playing the same song over and over again! ๐Ÿ™‚

14 comments:

Tom said...

...rain here to and we need it! I love that church steeple. We had a great weekend in the Adirondacks.

Ruth Hiebert said...

We had rain most of the day as well. Sounds like you had a good day, as did I.My son and granddaughter baked apple pies while I did other things.Fun day.

Rose said...

That would have been a fun walk! Love those views. Just have to tell you that nothing I slice is very even...my girls can slice tomatoes, onions, whatever and they all look uniform. I cannot get one slice that looks good!

NanaDiana said...

Looks like you got a nice walk in despite the rain. How nice to not have to worry about the lawn at the old house. I read the recipe for the blitz cake and copied it over. It sounds like a wonderful simple cake. xo Diana

Vee said...

๐ŸŽน Well that sounds good! ๐Ÿ˜

Your Labor Day sounds very pleasant. It was a gully washer here so it was a quiet day spent doing very little.

Sue said...

Beautiful scenery especially of the church on the corner. I don't slice breads evenly either. Your Labor Day sounds wonderful, ours was relaxing, reading our book, with a quick trip to Tractor Supply!
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Adam said...

It does look like fresh rain on the ground.

Hill Top Post said...

Your pretty little town looked kind of sleepy this morning; may have been because there were no school buses to wake it up. We had to work this Labor Day, but it was enjoyable work so it was a good day. It was a hot day here with no rain. A Labor Day picnic sounds perfect.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Nice to see the rain there- we had a little last week- though not enough to improve our dams for Sydney. I like your photos and marvel at how you manage such large mileage and those hills too. Regards. KEV.

Bill said...

Nice road scene with the church on the corner. Sounds like you enjoyed a walk in the morning rain. Rain is coming down here as I type. :( Have a wonderful day.

William Kendall said...

You certainly got your walking in!

Debby Ray said...

No Labor Day picnic here...hubby had to work so I spent the day recovering from our wild weekend...so much going on!

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased you had a fun time at the picnic.

All the best Jan

Sandi said...

Beautiful rainy photo!