Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Outside work day

Sunset last night
Out the door walking at 6:42 this morning
58 degrees, foggy with no wind
Sunrise 6:47

Instead of turning left at the end of my road I made
a right and walked the Hilly Loop.

Heard a big bird fly out of the trees and fly the road 
in the trees on the other side.
Looked up and saw a wild turkey,
9 more flew across the road all in a row.

Counted 10 deer as I walked along
and a couple of rabbits as well.

This route is always a very quiet route and just a couple of cars pass me.
Bus 46 goes this way so I still see that driver.
A few pictures along my walk.
 
Once I get here walking up the highway more cars pass by
though as you can see there aren't any now.
This route is just 5.2 miles but the all the hills make up for the shorter mileage.
☁️     ☁️
After the fog burned off we had a sunny day.

We had a work day outside.
Ken hooked up the dump trailer and off we went to the quarry 
to get a load of gravel.
We ended up getting a total of three trailer loads.
Here we are waiting our turn while this huge truck gets filled.
 They must wonder what we do with all this gravel!!! 🙂

We put the gravel down along the bedroom side of the house
where Ken is making the stone wall and the waterfall.

We also put some brick down in front of the basement doors like we
did in front of the garages.
(The brick was left over from the garage job.)

We worked on it all day.
Tomorrow we will continue working.
If we finish I'll take some pictures.

This evening I'll be finishing the latest baby blanket
and also hope to get some reading in.
I have a feeling we will both sleep good tonight after all that work.

A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

16 comments:

Rose said...

Your photo that has those goldenrod at the left side...I so love that shot. I always love a fence leading into a shot and just the shot itself. You had what I consider a good day....

Michelle said...

You two are very industrious! Love seeing your flowers.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I agree with Rose. I love the shot with the Goldenrod.

William Kendall said...

What a beautiful twilight shot!

Tom said...

...I wouldn't be able to count all the gravel I've bought over the years.

Granny Marigold said...

Deer, turkeys and rabbits,... it was a morning to see wildlife.
Love the sunset photo.

Vee said...

Yes, you folks will sleep the sleep of the blessed. Hardworking crew at your house!

Lowcarb team member said...

Sunset last night looks amazing.

All the best Jan

Hill Top Post said...

I am having trouble deciding which picture I like better - Gorgeous Sunset or Goldenrods Along Old Fence. I really like them both. It was an outside work day here too. I will be asleep soon, either in my chair or in my bed.

The Liberty Belle said...

Lovely photographs. You had a very busy day! Looking forward to seeing the baby blanket.

Angie said...

Nothing like a hard day of physical work to make you sleep well. I hope you had some ice cream too! I look forward to seeing the "after" pictures!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Good news that your getting on with the work about your home- looking forward to see your photos of what you and Ken have completed with all the gravel. Have a great weekend there. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos once again. Found any pennies lately?

God bless.

Sue said...

Karen, you and Ken have to be in the best shape ever, I thought my dh and I were hard workers, but I believe I have found two who can out do us, ~wink
I can only imagine this scenery when the fall leaves turn their color.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Bill said...

What a beautiful sunset. The wild turkeys flying across the road must have a been a sight to see, I have never seen a wild turkey before. The flowers are very pretty to see.
Have a wonderful day.

Adam said...

That is a lot of gravel.