Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Pictures

Left the house this morning at 6:36 on my walk
64 degrees and cloudy with no wind
Sunrise 6:48

Walked to town and straight through and out the other end
and then walked the Farm Loop.
Since it would be a bit far to walk back home I asked Ken
if he would pick me up at the town pond and give me a ride home.

Walking along the Farm Loop,
I saw that Farmer Bill had a quilt pattern put on his barn since last I walked here.
I'm thinking that's why he spruced up the whole barn a bit.
A few more pictures along the Farm Loop.



What do you suppose they did to their lawn?
Put too much fertilizer on it?
I miscalculated a bit when figuring the mileage for this walk.
Thought it would be 6 miles
but by the time I got back to the town pond for my ride home
I had walked 7.1 miles.
☁️     ☁️
It was cloudy for a good part of the day but we did see some sun too.

Back to the quarry this morning for another load of gravel.
Used that up and realized we needed another load so went back
and got one more.
This is where we put the gravel on the bedroom side of the house.
The gravel is red but there is a lot of dust on it now,
 after it has rained a few times the color will be better.
 This picture is taken standing on the side of the front porch looking
down at the basement doors.
The brick by the door we had done previously. 
Yesterday we used the brick sitting there to extend it the rest of the way. 
Here's what it looks like today.
We put some red stone on top of the gray stone that was there.
This too, once it rains a few times will be more red.
The cinder block retaining wall will have rocks dry stacked against it.
You can see Ken has just started doing that.
The cinder block on the house will get painted the same 
dark green as the house. 

So ends another outside work day for us.

Finished up the latest baby blanket last night.
Sorry the picture is a bit blurry.
I'll start the next one when we meet at church for baby blanket work day.
I usually start one then and have it finished for the next month
when we meet.
 
That's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
Victor - No pennies lately.  Maybe tomorrow!

16 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, I don't even know where to begin! I LOVE the weave-it blanket. Love those colors. And of course I love how Ken is stacking rocks against the retaining wall....and the bricks across in front of that door is very nice! If you ever take this walk again, and are closer to that barn that is off to the left side of the 4th photo, I would love to see a better pic. (Don't you just love someone give you a job??? But I only mean if it is no bother) And oh, how I love the quilt barn. It is a beauty.

Sandi said...

I always enjoy your walks! :)

The house is coming along nicely.

Hill Top Post said...

I really enjoy the farm route even though it a longer walk for you. I'm just thinking where I would end up if I started out on a walk that far. But, I can't walk on well traveled roads because of Millie. I love the newly spruced up barn. And, how nice your house is looking. The stacked stone and green wall will be a great look!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the look of those quilt blocks on a barn. It just dresses it up. Your yard must be a beautiful spot.

Tom said...

...farmer Bill sure spruced that barn up, what a beauty!

William Kendall said...

I like those barns!

Granny Marigold said...

You walked over 7 miles!! I'm amazed that after that you helped with the gravel and all. You seem to be blessed with a lot of energy.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You have been busy. Great photos as always.

I wish you find some money soon.

God bless.

Vee said...

Farmer Bill’s barn is looking mighty fine!

Your property is looking mighty good as well.

Kerin said...

Super cute barn quilt!
Your weave it blanket is very pretty, and I really like the red brick landing by your door.

Have a happy day.
~K.

Kerri Farley said...

LOVE the Baby Blanket! Gorgeous colors!

Sue said...

Love what the farmer has done with his barn, I have often wanted to put a quilt pattern on ours, but it needs a new coat of paint first, Ohh, if we were only younger.~wink~
Your walks are so beautiful!
I love how you placed the brick below, and the gravel is nice too!
your baby blanket is so pretty, You inspire me.
Blessings,
Sue

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Bill said...

Farmer Bill did a wonderful job sprucing up his barn, it's beautiful.
Have a nice day!

Adam said...

Nice blanket

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the colour of the baby blanket.

All the best Jan