Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 20, 2019

A little bridge

Drove into town and started walking at 6:35.
45 degrees and sunny once the sun rose and no wind.
Sunrise 7:03

Walked to the post office and dropped some mail down the slot.
Continued through town to the Dollar General and from there
went to the industrial park and walked around in there.


 Walked around some side streets, around the ball park loop
and back to the pond to the jeep and drove home.

Saw three deer and a rabbit.

Walked 6 miles
🍁     🍁
I got a yen for French toast while I was walking so made that for our breakfast.

Then we drove over to Uniontown to go to Home Depot.
It is the closest one to where we live and is right next to a Lowe's.
We needed to go to both stores.
Had lunch while we were there.

Back home we went out back and worked outside.
Ken on his tractor harvesting rocks and put a bucket load
on the wall by the cinder block.

Here is a little bridge Ken made leading to a couple of trails
a few weeks ago.  Note it is not made of rocks. 🙂
This is from the other direction.
 I worked out here on the right of the bridge clearing brush.
Finished up and then sat out on the front porch for a little while.
Then it was time to come in and make supper.

This evening I'll have time to work on the next baby blanket which
I started yesterday with the ladies.
Hope to get some reading in too.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰

13 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

What a nice day. I enjoyed your photographs and chicken pot pie sounds very tasty :)

All the best Jan

Rose said...

Those first shots with the fog in them...oh, they pull at my heartstrings.

And your woods..how I would love to be in them. They make me think of my childhood and places we had.

Adam said...

Even though it's tiny, at least there are no trolls living under it.

Tom said...

...well form the looks of things, you don't need a lawn mower!

Vee said...

French toast for breakfast and Chicken Pot Pie for supper...out for lunch and mum’s the word on what it was. 😉 Some of the men in my family make bridges out of cedar logs; apparently, they last for a long time. I didn’t know or remember that there is an Industrial Park in your town. That probably does make a great place for walking. The scenes are looking very much like fall.

Hill Top Post said...

I am loving those trails through your woods! Of course you would need bridges too. Also, I realized I should have explained about the pictures I posted on my blog post, which I have now done. The pictures were taken a long time ago of our first farm when we were so young.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your property looks like it would be a wonderful place to explore and get lots of great pictures.

Debbie Harris said...

Your daily walks are such an inspiration!
My husband loves French toast so I usually make that a weekend breakfast, and pot pie...one of my favorites for sure. 😍

Your photos with the fog are gorgeous!

Thank you for sharing your day with us ♡

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty views, the last photo is beautiful with the colors and fog. The French toast sounds yummy. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Your husband is really busy round the estate. You too.

God bless.

Bill said...

What a nice area. I like the bridge your hubby made, it looks good. Chicken pot pie sounds good. Nice photos, thanks for sharing your day and have a wonderful weekend.

William Kendall said...

Lovely shots!

It's been awhile since I've had French toast.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a nice day. Gotta love it when a Home Depot and Lowe's are side by side. :)
We had chicken pot pie today at our son and daughter in law's. Hubby and son put up the greenhouse from our house to theirs today. Took all day!