Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 21, 2019

A Gift

Drove to town again and parked at the pond.
60 degrees this morning.  
Was surprised it was that warm after yesterdays 45!
Mostly cloudy with some sun and it was calm.

Not a whole lot of color in the sky this morning
but it sure was pretty watching the sun come up.


Walked around the lower cemetery first and then around town.
Saw Rebecca out walking.
Passed by the old house and there was a car in the driveway and
the front porch light was out.
Seems like they are finally moving in.
I am curious to see what they do with the yard.

From there I walked over to the industrial park again and walked around there.

Lots of rabbits around all over this morning.
Here is one of the nine I saw.
 Then headed back to the jeep and home.
 Sure was nice being out this morning walking.
I think that every morning though. 🙂

Walked 6 miles
Found a Penny 💰
Victor - I do save all the coins I find on my walks
and put them in old glass banks.
 🍁     🍁
We got a hand made gift from our friend Dennis the other day.
No special occasion, he was just being nice.
A coat rack made with old porcelain door knobs.
I love it.
 Ken put it up in the laundry/mud room.
So to say Thank You
I baked him some Chocolate Chippers.

Ken worked on his rock wall by the cinder block.
I had planned on going outside but never did make out there.
 Got busy doing things inside.
Was busy but don't seem to have gotten much done.
I could use a couple more hours in the day.

Will be making some weave-it square this evening.
The new baby blanket is rust and orange.
Thought they would be good colors for fall.

That will about do it for today's post.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone 🥰

20 comments:

Tom said...

...what a neat coat rack with those door knobs!

Sandi said...

Love the coat rack!

Hill Top Post said...

I love your sunrise pictures...so full of promise for another day. I wonder if the wildflower border was planted or just grew on its own free will. However, I think it is beautiful, and I'll bet that darling little bunny does too.

Ivy Green said...

I look at coins I find to see what year they were minted and try to think of a good memory from that year.

NanaDiana said...

I love going along with you on your walks. I feel like I am right there with you. Can't wait to see the rust/orange blanket.
There are never enough hours in the day for me either. xo Diana

Adam said...

Cute bunny

Vee said...

That is a sweet gift and a good idea with the old door knobs. It looks perfectly at home there. Glad to know the new owners are moving in. You will be interested to see what they do with their new home. My son is always checking out his former home. He wishes that the new owners would prune the apple tree. 🍎

Ruth Hiebert said...

An unexpected gift can be so special.I like those old porcelain knobs.

Granny Marigold said...

You saw so many rabbits... I seemed to see squirrels everywhere when I walked this morning. Black ones. They seem to be getting more numerous while we see less gray ones.
The coat rack looks great and is so useful too.

ellen b. said...

Love the rays in that second photo. What a nice gift from your friend! Happy Sunday to you!

Rose said...

That was a lovely sunrise...it just looks so peaceful. Made me think of when I used to watch the girls as babies before they woke up...how peaceful and beautiful they were.

I like the coat rack, too. Did you make the jean purse?

I love the old glass piggy banks.

Carol W. said...

The handmade coat rack is a wonderful useful gift! Love the sunrise photo! God bless you both!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like your glass banks. I had a bear jar like the one on the left. Now where is it? You've started a search all over the house now.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the cute bunny and the beautiful sunrise images. The handmade gift is wonderful, looks perfect for your mudroom. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead!

Bill said...

What a glorious start to your day with the beautiful sunrise. What a nice handmade coat rack your friend gifted to you, I like it.
Enjoy your day!

Michelle said...

What a sweet gift that coat rack is!

KEV. Robertson. said...

HI Karen- Your Friend's gift of the Coat Rack for you is an excellent idea...I'm finding it hard to think back to when I've received a gift out of the blue - it just does not seem to happen to me (LOL)...have a great day. Cheers. KEV.

William Kendall said...

The rabbit is a cute sight!

Aritha V. said...

Rust and orange are nice colors, ja.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the rays in your second photograph.

All the best Jan