Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Thursday

Drove into town this morning and started my walk at 6:35.
47 degrees, sunny and calm.
Sunrise 7:02

This happy welcome sign that sits at the end of someones driveway
makes me smile as I walk past.
A nice random walk all around town for me this morning.
Up and down the main road and sides roads.

Around both cemeteries also.
The field behind the cemetery on top of the hill is all cleared
of corn and now there are cows on it plus a whole mess of geese.

Walking around the ball park loop were Lena and her daughter Rebecca.
Had a short chat with them.
Walking past the old house I noticed that no one has moved in yet.
It's been 3 weeks today that we went to closing!

 Then headed back by the town pond,
hopped in the jeep and drove back home.
Walked 6 miles
☀️     ☀️
No time to dawdle once I got back home.
Got a few quick things done and then back in the jeep for me. 
This time it was to go and meet the other women at church
for Baby Blanket Day.

Marilyn brought breakfast for us this morning
and Dorothy did the devotional.

Then it was time to work on the blankets
amid lots of laughter!!

There were 10 of us there today.

On the way home from there I stopped at Walmart to get a few things.
While there I met two of the women I'd just said good-bye
to at church!!

By the time I got home it was 1:30,
had a late lunch 
and then didn't feel like doing any work at all.
So I thought it would be a good afternoon to walk around
Happy Trails a bit 
and then read.

Ken made a fire outback in the fire pit and we had roasted hot dogs for supper.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  🥰


Comment Replies:
Vee - Darkness dictates whether I drive to town or walk.  If I want to wait till it is light out I will walk.  If I get tired of waiting for it to get light enough, I hop in the jeep.  Once in town if it isn't quite light out yet the street lights light my way.

Rose - Yes, lots of yellow flowers.  Seems to me that there is a lot more Golden Rod around than usual this year!!

16 comments:

William Kendall said...

The sign is quite cheerful!

Sue said...

A very nice walk indeed, I see your leaves are changing colors, we have a little pop here and there. I am so looking forward to our first pit fire.
Have a great evening.
Blessings,
Sue

Rose said...

I don't know if there is more goldenrod or not...but I do think it is that or it is more beautiful than usual;-) Sounds like a wonderful day for you...not bad here. I LOVE that welcome sign! It is just so bright and cheerful. I wonder if they will change it to something more wintry when it gets colder...will be fun to watch and see if they do.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like so much fun to get together to work on something so useful. Love that last shot.

Tom said...

...nice hints of fall colors, they are still a few weeks off here.

Hill Top Post said...

At 47 degrees, I would be wearing a light jacket. OH, look at that blue, blue sky and the beautiful colors of fall. It is so dry here I worry that it might be a dull brown fall for us. The ball park loop looks like a fun walk.

Carol W. said...

I just love that Welcome sign! ☺

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The welcome sign is good; but I wouldn't welcome anyone to my home. It's bad enough with all the salesmen who call, and the "religious people" who try to convert you to their way of thinking.

The other day we had a door-to-door salesman selling doors. I asked him for a window. He did not have any on him that day.

God bless.

Henny Penny said...

A sunflower is so warm and cheerful, perfect for a welcoming sign. Funny how you saw the women in Walmart you had just left. Where did we all go before Walmart stores arrived? :) The pictures in your last post are beautiful, and that hornet's nest is amazing! Dan has been looking for one to shoot down (after the hornets have left, of course). He wants one to hang in the house...to go with the giant wasp nest we have on display. What next!

Sandi said...

Your day sounds wonderful!

Adam said...

A bit odd, I moved in the next day after closing.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the welcome sign is pretty. Nice walk. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend.

Bill said...

I see signs of autumn with the tree changing colours. I like the welcome sign too, it's nice and cheerful. Enjoy your day.

ellen b. said...

Laughter makes work seem light. Glad you had some good laughter. Thursday got away from me as hubby got the metal delivered for his new shop and I had to help him get it into the garage...that was work!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the welcome sign, and I love your last photograph.

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

I like that cheery sunflower Welcome sign.