Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Wings and Wheels

Starting walking at 6:30 this morning.
The temperature was 60 degrees, sunny, with some of those low hanging 
clouds around again, and very still.
Sunrise 6:31

Morning Moon from the end of my driveway.
Walked to town and right on through to the ball park and walked
the loop around there.  
Rebecca was walking around there too.

Walked up the road to the school a ways and then back to town.
A bird house I passed walking by,
and a spider web.
No rabbits today but did see half a dozen deer.

Then the last two miles back home.
🙂
We went to the small airport in McHenry
where they were having their annual
Wings and Wheels event.
 Nice walking around looking at the different planes and cars.
A helicopter coming in for a landing.
This airplane is for sale.
A new Dodge Challenger.
My first car was a 1970 Dodge Challenger, the first year it was made.
Tried to find a picture of mine but couldn't find one.
Ken said he'd have a look.
If he finds it I'll post a picture.

This is our friend Russel's 1931 Model A Ford.
He's standing there on the left in the brown hat.
He said one of these day's he'll take me for a ride.
I'd like to ride in the rumble seat.
There were also people there with remote airplanes and
we watched them for a while too.
Sad to see one of them crash on landing.
So much work and money!!

From there we stopped in at Subway for lunch.

Worked out back again for an hour or so doing more clearing.

Then sat out on the porch and made some weave-it squares.

For supper we cooked hot dogs out at the fire pit
and then ate them on the front porch.

 Hope your Saturday was a happy one
Life is Good
happpyone 🥰

15 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm more into wheels than wings! Great spider web, enjoy your weekend.

Rose said...

I never get a spider web that good! I love the new Challengers and Chargers...just to look at. If I had just what I wanted to drive, I would have a truck. But for convenience and gas mileage, I have a Rav4...LOL

I don't know what I would have done had I had a full sized truck when I was getting over my broke leg...

Granny Marigold said...

I like the Challenger but that red '56 Chevy ( if I'm not mistaken) would be my pick. We usually have a big car show in the nearby park but for some reason it was cancelled this year.

Hill Top Post said...

What a great post! Of course, I love the spider's web! Your early morning outings surely do reward us with some great pictures. The early bird gets the worm, you know! If I am not mistaken The General Lee in The Dukes of Hazzard shows was a 1969 Dodge Charger. I don't suppose you tried any of the stunts those guys did! :~)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's a wonderful spider's web.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the wings and wheels. Pretty sunrise and the birdhouse is cute too. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day. Wishing you a great new week!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Good to see the McHenry Airport display and Vintage cars as well- Thanks. Warming up here- three weeks out from Spring. Cannot wait! Cheers. KEV.

Lisa said...

We used to have annual air shows here but now we just have car shows. I like looking at the old cars.
Great shot of the web.
Lisa

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The spider web sure is a beautiful photo! Love the planes and cars! Enjoy your Sunday!

Vee said...

I like that 1931 Model A. (My maternal grandparents were married that year. Fun to see the latest for that time frame.) Hope that you do get a ride in the rumble seat one day soon. ☺️

Sue said...

Sounds like a wonderful day you had, Dh and I like to go to antique car shows, he once had a '54 ford and loves to see them at shows. I would love to ride in that Model A's rumble seat! my mom tells of riding in a model A dating and how an uncle came along to chaperon. ~wink~
have a blessed day.
Sue

Lowcarb team member said...

The spider's web is amazing.
Nice to see the wings and wheel photographs too.

All the best Jan

Adam said...

I would be nervous in a single engine plane.

William Kendall said...

Amazing how intricate a web can be.

Henny Penny said...

I didn't realize I had missed so many of your posts. Just went back to them. I love that sweet baby picture of you! Enjoyed all the pictures you've taken.