Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

The house is sold and all papers signed!!!

Left on my morning walk today at 6:45.
It wasn't raining yet but sure looked like it so took along my umbrella.
It was 62 degrees
Sunrise 6:42

Half way to town it started raining and rained on and off
during my whole walk and the umbrella went up and down quite a few times.
 There was an extra spring in my steps this morning as I thought
about finally being out from under the old house.

Walked through town and up and down a couple of side streets.
Then around the ball park and the cemetery on top of the hill.
Just passed the cemetery walking down to the Drane house I stopped
to take a picture of these 4 tiny horses. 
Three of them stuck there heads through the fence and I petted each one.
Saw a woman walking but when she saw me she turned around
and went the other way.  
I used to see her a while ago and she always turned around.
She must be very shy.

Saw three deer and one of them was a buck.
He came out from the corn, snorted at me, ran across the
road and into the woods.
A silly thought - I wonder if they ever get lost in the corn fields.

 I was going to finished my walk at the old house and
then mow the lawn.  Ken was going to meet me there and
do the edging, but the rain kept us from doing that.
The lawn isn't that bad but I would have liked to give it that last mowing.

Ken did come to town and pick me up again though,
because he came to town and bought us donuts at the bakery.
A pre-celebration breakfast.

Walked 6 miles

๐ŸŒง     ☂️     ๐ŸŒง
Just did a bit of this and that today till it was finally time
to go to the house closing.
Everything went smoothly with no surprises at the closing.
Thank you Lord!! that we can now put that behind us!!
 What a relief to have that over and done with.

Not much got done this afternoon,
but we're both walking around with big smiles!!

The sun broke out this afternoon which made for a very good day.
๐ŸŒค
Hope your day was a happy one
Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿฅฐ
Comment Replies:
GrannyM - Oh that was a mean trick having the penny glued down!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

25 comments:

William Kendall said...

The little horses are very good company.

Joyful said...

Praise the Lord the house is sold! Now for sure you can put it behind you. Those little horses are very cute. My niece and I saw a few of them at the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE)yesterday. In old days the PNE was devoted to all things farm,harvest and home related and rides for the kiddos. These days there is little left of the farming and planting stuff unless you live in a smaller place where there are actual farmers.

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! Praise God for the sale of the house. I can sense your relief and excitement.

Tom said...

...and now the check needs to clear the bank!

Nawm D Gerr said...

Great news! I felt a tiny tug of worry when I congratulated you on yesterday's post. Enjoy your celebration - what a relief! Love the cute pony photos.

ellen b. said...

Congratulations you two and PTL! Love the little horses.

Hill Top Post said...

Yay or closing day! I am sure you were walking with an extra spring in your step today! There seems to be no shyness about the mini ponies, so you'll just have to make friends with them! I love them!

Pom Pom said...

Hooray! I BET that feels so good! I know the new owners will love your old house.

Michelle said...

Wonderful news!!

The Furry Gnome said...

You must be very glad that's over!

Vee said...

Yabba Dabba Do! Such a weight lifted from your shoulders...no more mowing! Celebratory doughnuts sound lovely. ๐Ÿฉ Celebratory supper, too? (Raining here to beat the band with flood alert warnings.)

Rose said...

So happy for your house selling....I know that is a big relief to have it done and over with. The little horses are so cute.

Henny Penny said...

That is wonderful. Glad everything went well. Those little horses are so cute. It would be fun to own one.

Granny Marigold said...

SO glad the house is sold and it's final.
The little horses are super cute.

Adam said...

So cute!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen. So pleased for you that your old house is sold with all the paper work done and dusted- must be a load of your mind that it is all done now.
It is Raining here now at 9:00pm - just wonderful to hear it- and hope it is going into our Dams as well...yesterday we had about 20mm - tonight sounds a lot more. Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Congrats and I am happy that your house has been sold and your settlement went well. Love the cute horses and the flowers. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Congratulations on selling the house.

The woman who turns the other way when she sees you is the one who is finding all the pennies before you. She is avoiding you because she is guilty, not shy.

God bless.

Kerri Farley said...

Yay! Congratulations!

R's Rue said...

Blessings.

Sandi said...

Congrats!

Retired Knitter said...

Congrats! I know that is a big weight off your mind.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many congratulations on selling the house :)

All the best Jan

Bill said...

Congrats! I love those horses, they are so cute.

Debby Ray said...

Congrats on the house closing....God is GOOD! Those tiny horses are SO stinkin' adorable. I bet if that lady ever stopped to talk to you, she'd have a new friend. :D