Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Rainy Day

Up and out the door at 6:30 this morning walking
58 degrees and raining
Sunrise 6:41

Seemed earlier because of the rain,
wasn't quite dark but not all that light either.
Headed walking to town with my rain pants on this time
and with the umbrella up.
Was glad to get to town and off the highway.
Those trucks going by really kick up a spray.

Made a couple loops around the lower cemetery
and then went around the one at the top of the hill too.
Down to the Drane house and here I've just turned around
going back up to the cemetery.
It had just stopped raining when I took the picture but by the
time I got up the hill it was raining again.
Walked around town and then ended up at the old house
where I called Ken and asked if he'd come pick me up.
Didn't want to walk by all the trucks again.
 He said yes, and I met him over by the pond.

Didn't see anyone else out walking.
A few deer around again
but that was it.

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny
🌧     ☔️     🌧
Had a couple books due at the library so went there at 11:00
when it opened.
Didn't drop them in the book drop during my walk because
of the rain and they were a couple of heavy ones.
Besides Ken wanted to check out a book.

Had a couple other errands to do so we got them out of the way.

Planned on mowing the lawn at the old house for the
LAST TIME but it was just too wet.
That will have to be done tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow afternoon is CLOSING!!!
What a relief that will be when we can put that behind us.

Once we were back home again
I did some reading,
made some weave-it squares,
and did a crossword puzzle.
Haven't done one of them in a while.
My mom used to love to do crossword puzzles
and they always make me think of her. 

That's it for today.
Hope yours was a happy one.
happyone  🥰
Comment Replies:
Diane - Thanks for those kind words. I'll check out that author.

19 comments:

Tom said...

...a bit of rain up here in Canada today too.

Michelle said...

Cloudy and rainy here today. At my desk by 6:30 having breakfast and getting ready for front door duty at my primary school. Students start arriving at 6:45. Early! I hope the closing goes well tomorrow.

Rose said...

We had a bit of rain early, then the sun appeared and remained the rest of the day. I had a sister that loved crossword puzzles and was so good at them.

Hill Top Post said...

I can imagine that Ken was on call half expecting, or hoping, that you would call. It surely sounds good that tomorrow is "closing." I hope all goes well, and that you get the lawn mowed one last time! I've been dodging showers for the last several days - so far, so good!

William Kendall said...

It sounds like tomorrow will be a busy one for you.

Angie said...

Congratulations on making it to the closing. Just think the extra time you will have now!

Ruth Hiebert said...

It's been cold and rainy here as well. I know you will rejoice when the sale of the old house is finally closed.

Vee said...

Often we have similar weather, but not today. I am so excited about closing being tomorrow. You guys must be crazy excited about it! Hope the weather cooperates so you can mow that lawn one last time. It would make nice closure.

Adam said...

I'm glad you'll finally getting rid of it.

Granny Marigold said...

DH thought he'd found a penny on our morning walk but someone played a trick and the penny was actually glued to the concrete path. I looked around to see if anyone was chuckling away but couldn't see anyone. Good trick though.

ellen b. said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on the closing of your former home. Must be a huge relief!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

At last ... found another penny.

God bless.

Leslie said...

I was waiting for the rain but we never got any here yesterday. This morning looks like it could shower. I have a few books here that I need to start. The cooler weather made me want to curl up and read but it also inspires me to clean and reorganize. cleaning won this week.

My mom used to love crosswords too.
yay for the penny!

Happy@Home said...

Hooray and congratulations on your closing. That will be so nice to have that behind you.

Nawm D Gerr said...

What a relief for you to get your town house sold. Congratulations! You are really dedicated. So hard to get out and walk when it is rainy. Hats off to you.

Kerri Farley said...

Hoping all goes well with the closing!!! Sending "Happy Thoughts" your way!

Bill said...

I bet you'll be very happy closing on your old house.
Enjoy your day!

Debby Ray said...

I know you must be so excited to have that closing! YAY!

Lowcarb team member said...

Crossword puzzles and word puzzles are fun to do.

All the best Jan