Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Clouds

Out walking this morning at 6:32
54 degrees with sun and clouds
Sunrise 6:43

Had my usual walk to town.
Went through town and around the ball park loop,
over to the post office and dropped some mail down the slot.
Then headed back home.

Saw a couple of rabbits but no deer today,
no other people out either.

When I got home I realized the only pictures I took
were of the clouds.


Walked 6 miles
☁️     ☀️     ☁️     ☀️

We drove over to Uniontown, Pa. and spent a good part of the day there.
Went browsing in a bunch of stores and just enjoyed being out.

We ate a late lunch at Red Lobster.
Prices are very reasonable if you go for lunch.

When we got back home we sat out on the front porch for quite a while reading.
 It was a beautiful cool sunny day.

That's been my day
and a nice one it's been.
Hope yours was too.
happyone  🥰
Comment Replies:
Vee - no celebratory supper last night but our lunch at Red Lobster celebratory. : )

Thank you all for your kind comments yesterday about the selling of our house.
Thanks too for all who prayed for us!!

19 comments:

Rose said...

What do you like at Red Lobster? We have not eaten there in years...just forget about it. Roger used to really like it...

Cloud shots are fine by me....I have always been a cloud watcher. Well, since my teens at least. I love that first shot....

Tom said...

...keep looking up, the view is gorgeous.

William Kendall said...

Glorious skies!

The Furry Gnome said...

Beautiful sky pix!

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh my, those skies are so gorgeous … lovely photographs.

All the best Jan

Ivy Green said...

Congratulations on the closing of your house. I hope the new owners keep it as beautifully as you did.

Jeff said...

I love pictures of clouds! Very pretty ones you took. Take care ~ Jeff

Ruth Hiebert said...

No other pictures needed when the sky holds such beauty

Adam said...

Red Lobster is a Darden restaurant, they are very reasonable.

Granny Marigold said...

The clouds were exceptionally pretty today!!

Vee said...

I can see why the clouds were featured. Seems as if you have some good weather days ahead!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful sky captures! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

Lisa said...

Beautiful sky! I love when the sun cast its colors on them.
Lisa

Bill said...

Glad you looked up today and captured the beauty of the sky. Beautiful photos.

Retired Knitter said...

We eat at Red Lobster about once a year. We love their food, but find it too heavy on our stomachs for us. When we leave we always think ... well that is good for a year! Ha!

ellen b. said...

Pretty clouds. I like eating lunch at nice restaurants for the better prices.

Kerri Farley said...

Those clouds are amazing!!!

Hill Top Post said...

I agree with Tom. "Keep looking up, the view is gorgeous." I thought of Ken's trains last night when we watched a program on PBS, "Best Trains in North America."