Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 26, 2019

Home today

Started my walk this morning at 6:30
It was 52 degrees, clouds and sun and a breeze
Sunrise 6:40

Headed to town on this first day back to school for the kids.
That's bus number 46 coming around the corner
I always get a wave from the bus diver.
Only saw two buses this morning.
A bit early yet for most of them to be out.
Will see more once I have to leave later because of the dark.

Walked to the edge of town and then to and around the lower cemetery.
Next up the hill to the other cemetery and around there a few times,
down to the Drane house and pond and
then back home again.

Lisa was out running but she was pretty far away and didn't even see me.
A few deer around, and lots of goldfinches.

Walked my usual 6 miles
🦌      🌤     🚶‍♀️
A few deer out back eating a couple of apples I put out there.
The apples are from an apple tree down the road.
The deer go there and eat the apples that fall to the ground.
I brought a few home for them.
In side this morning starting this weeks house work.
 Got the sheets washed, hung out to dry and back on the bed by lunch time.
Rearranged a few things too.
Moved a white cabinet from the kitchen to the laundry room,
and put a stand of shelves in it's place.

That done I read my book till I finished it.
Cemetery Road by Greg Iles.
It was pretty good, and a fast read but don't think I'll
read any more of his books.
I've read 2 and they both seem pretty much the same,
just different names for the characters.

Mostly cloudy today and it never did get very warm,
stayed in the mid 60's.

Had planned on going outside this afternoon but never got around to it.

We stayed home this pizza Monday and ate a homemade pizza.
We make two at a time and this one was left over from the
last time we made it.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone 🥰

17 comments:

William Kendall said...

The deer are such a welcome sight to see!

Vee said...

May it be a good school year in your community. Perhaps you’ll plant an apple tree in your clearing.

Tom said...

...those deer seem right at home!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a wonderful first photograph, and lovely to see the deer.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

Ahh, yes, those buses are out fairly early. Soon I will get to go out as well. Love the cute deer.

Rose said...

We are seeing more deer in our bit of travels...than we have seen for a few years. I never tire of seeing them...hope you get to enjoy yours for a long time. They are sure beautiful creatures.

Happy@Home said...

Nice of you to feed the deer. I'm sure they enjoyed your apple treat.
Sounds like a nice day and those fresh sheets will be delightful at day's end.

Hill Top Post said...

6:30 seems so early for little school kiddos to have to catch a bus. Bless their little hearts! (I'm a retired school teacher, so I am all about this school stuff. :~) I loved the bus picture! You mentioned that you had rearranged things. When we moved into our current house, it seemed to take me forever to get everything arranged to suit me. I think I finally have it!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Really beautiful deer. Great photos.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill said...

So peaceful and pretty the first photo is. Nice to see the deer, I'm sure they appreciate the apples. :)

Debby Ray said...

I'm sure the deer will be looking for more of those apples. :)

Diane said...

I have been enjoying reading books by Julie Klassen....she has some good books,,,right now I'm almost finished with " The Dancing Master".
I am hoping to try a recipe for buttermilk scones, which I found on a wonderful website, Jenny of Elefantz.
Your beautiful photos and your positive outlook always inspire me. Thank you for blogging!

Adam said...

I have noticed the days are getting shorter now. Soon it will be really short daylight

Granny Marigold said...

School starting makes it feel even more like Fall!!

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a good productive day. Nice to feed the deer with those fallen apples.

Retired Knitter said...

I know there are folks who don't like seeing the deer in neighborhoods. I love them. Such beautiful, gentle animals. And as long as you don't plant things they like to eat, you can co-exist with them. And if you feed them - apples - they will be back and they will become fairly tame. I worked at the Marriottsville Spiritual Center for 3 years. It was located in the woods. The deer there were not afraid of folks. No one chased or hunted them. The nuns loved them - and so did I. I could walk right past them on a side walk and they never moved. Eventually you might have some pets right in your back yard. They will bring their babies along with them. The interaction with nature in such a peaceful way is a big blessing. Enjoy.