Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Home

Left the house this morning at 6:40 on my walk
62 degrees, cloudy, and calm
Sunrise 6:44

Walked to town again.
Saw a few rabbits and the buck again.

Went through town and out the other side.
Turned around just up the road and then went to the
industrial park and walked around there.
A bunch of pallets
and an old barn with more than a couple of layers to it.
Leaving the industrial park I walked back through town and
stopped at the post office to drop some mail down the slot.
Then over to the town pond 
where Ken picked me up.
I asked him to pick me up so I could walk a little different route.
Just too far to walk back home.

I walked 6.4 miles
Found a penny
☁️     ☁️
Later in the morning it was nice to see the sun come out.
🌤
It was a stay at home day today.
Got a couple loads of laundry washed and hung outside.

Washed the jeep.
Nothing like a nice shiny red car.

Ended up sitting out on the front porch again
making some weave-it squares.
Just two more rows of 7 and I'll be done.
Should finish it in the next couple of days.

Plan to do a bit of reading later on.
It's been a good day.
Hope yours has been a good one too.
 happyone 🥰

12 comments:

Tom said...

...the tales that barn could tell.

Susie said...

I am so very envious of your good feet. LOL I love getting to go on your walks with you thru your posts. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Hill Top Post said...

Tom said, "...the tales that barn could tell." I wish it could because I would like to know more about it. Was the upstairs used as a living quarters at one time? I like the mix of red and grey colors. I can imagine that new shiny red Jeep driving along that oh-so-long stretch of highway. It looks like it goes on forever. 6.4 miles is a long walk!

Rose said...

I wonder what tales it could tell, too...that is my standard thought for anything old. I always think barns have a lot to tell simply because of how much living was done in ours by us kids and the grandkids...

Adam said...

I honestly hate pallets. They are very poorly made. I had a nail go through my shoe and almost get into my skin. The soda companies actually make some really nice plastic ones.

Vee said...

I was not expecting it to be as nice a day as it turned out. Sometimes I fret too much. That barn is most interesting. Is it going to make it?

Leslie said...

Your walks always remind me of this town above Knoxville that Paul and I love. it is crazy that you and I are both in Maryland and our views are radically different. I envy your walks.
Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful photos, I love the old barn too. Happy September, enjoy your day. Have a great new week!

William Kendall said...

The old barn has character.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love old barns and it's so great to have the photos. They won't last forever! I went back and read about your closing. I'm SO happy you sold your house. What a huge relief and great to not have to worry about it over this coming winter. Enjoy your day!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a wonderful old barn.

You did well getting the washing done and the car too!

All the best Jan

Bill said...

Nice old barn. We have a place that stacks pallets, the fishing industry uses them.