Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 30, 2019

A beautiful sunny day

Started walking at 6:30 this morning
58 degrees, calm, with sun and clouds
Sunrise 6:44
Once again I headed walking to town.
My neighbor cows were out in the pasture across the street from our house.
I wished them all a good day as I walked by.

Walked through town.
A few garage sales were setting up.
Jim who lives right at the edge of town and who I wave to almost
every morning was setting up.
I stopped to talk to him but was very
good and didn't buy anything.
He even offered to bring what ever I bought right to my house
because I was walking!

Walked through town and up a couple side roads, 
then around the lower cemetery
before walking back home.
The only animals I saw was a groundhog and that was on my
road just before I got home.

Walked 6 miles
☀️     ☁️     ☀️
Ken usually goes to breakfast with Edd Friday mornings but
Edd was busy today.
Ken stayed home and had breakfast with me.
Then we went out and did a bunch of errands this morning.

After lunch I did a bit of house work (very little)
and then read, made weave-it squares, and did a crossword puzzle
while sitting on the front porch.

A beautiful cool sunny day.
Ken made us Nachos for supper.

It's been a good day.
Hope it was for you too.
happyone  🥰

Comment Replies:
Rose - You asked what I liked at Red Lobster - my answer - everything.  🙂

14 comments:

Vee said...

Oh you are good. I have made many a mercy purchase at yard sales. It’s why I no longer frequent them. Mornings sound nice and cool there so I know you’ve had great sleeping weather.

Rose said...

LOL at your answer....that sounds like Roger. I love your pic at the beginning...it just simply says fall is on the way!

Hill Top Post said...

Our day started with a bit of rain, but soon changed into a beautiful day. This evening has a feel of fall to it! And, your pictures today are looking quite fallish.

Tom said...

...we had the same here today, goldenrod is such a treat!

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful pictures. Is it really looking so much like Fall out your way?

Ruth Hiebert said...

The pictures are fantastic. I like the light in each one.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I love the photos of the fields.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the pretty photos, Looks like fall colors. It is chilly in the mornings now. I love nachos, yum! Happy Labor Day weekend.

Adam said...

Summer is starting to slowly die here.

William Kendall said...

Summer appears to be heading into its end stage.

Bill said...

Beautiful colour in those fields. You can notice some changes to the scenery. We had some scattered showers and some sun today. I even saw a rainbow. :)
Enjoy the weekend.

ellen b. said...

Noticing the nice cool mornings here. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Monk at 25 - Life lessons Blog said...

Just came to your blog.

Like the content and natural images in it.

Blessings.

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous photographs …

All the best Jan